Chapter 23~The Experimental Couple

"Can't we speak...alone?" I plead to Ryan.

He just kept his arms crossed and firm gaze one me.

"Hey, we are both Ryan's mates, so whatever you say to him, you can say to us as well," Carter said with his arms crossed. Joshua nodded in agreement.

Is it like Ryan is their God or something?

"Why don't both you boys turn your asses around and walk to lunch because what I have to say has nothing to do with you both". Woah, that confidence was unexpected. It also surprised the guys because their eyebrows rose and their eyes widened.

Carter and Joshua looked at Ryan for approval and he just nodded. I just rolled my eyes at the scene. With one last glare from Carter and a shrug from Joshua, they walked away.

"Spill" was the single word that made me sigh heavily. "Muffin, ever since first and second period all I've gotten from you is a shy face. Why are you ignoring me? What did I do?"

I bit my lip so hard that I could feel a pinch of blood. Why was I so nervous?

"I just..."

"What? Please tell me" Ryan says with pleading eyes.

"It's just that...um...just..."

"Spit it out, Muffin"

I could feel a heavy lump in my throat, how was I supposed to ask this? I don't know what to say and I can't-

"What are we?" I say quickly. Well, that wasn't as hard as I thought. Right? However, Ryan looked taken aback by my question. He looked really confused but then it was time for him to ask his question.

"What do you mean by "What are we?"

"I mean like...where do we stand? What are we at the moment?"

Ryan had to think about it for a moment and came back with a response that made me want to melt into his god-like arms.

"We Muffin are a couple. A team. Not boyfriend and girlfriend...yet. Not friends. We are a couple who are experimenting. We don't know everything about each other but we know quite a fair bit to know where we want to be. We just have to get there, with time" he smiled, looking pleased with his answer. "You wanted to take it slow, well here we are". Yeah, I'm kind of regretting that decision.

"So...we are an experimenting couple?"

"That's what I just said"

I just nodded. We were both silent for a moment until Ryan spoke up.

"There are two things I don't get..."

"And what are they?"

"Well, first of all, I don't understand why you couldn't have just told me, other than ignoring me. You had me worried Muffin".

I looked nervously down at the ground. "Sorry...I'm just not really good at that kind of stuff. You know? Expressing how I feel and all. It's just really-"

Ryan cut me off by swiftly raising my head with his hand on my chin and kissing me softly. It was unexpected but I closed my eyes and went with the flow. It was soft and sweet. My favourite kind of kisses. As we pulled apart I giggled a bit. I don't know why but Ryan seemed to like it because he had that adorable smile on his face.

"Don't ever be afraid to say something to me. I'm always listening. Ok?"

I nodded in agreement. What a killer boy crush I have, eh?

"So, what's the second thing you don't understand?"

The smile immediately was wiped off his face and I frowned at the sight.