Chapter 5

Back at the prestigious Alexander Mansion, the two brothers who were sourer than two vinegar buckets openly sulked around looking at the lucky man who was still holding their adorable little sister in his arms.

Not only their cute baby sister was clinging into the man's neck l, but she was also happily sleeping on the crook of the man's neck like a kitten who had finally found her warm safe place. This situation not only made them frustrated, but they were extremely jealous as well.

As everyone in the mansion knew, the little girls' affection was fought for throughout the entire family. Even the calm and quiet Ethan who never bothered to care about others or had any interest in anything other than studies would try to gain his little sister's attention all around making Callie extremely astonished, knowing very well how cold and indifferent her son's personality was. Most of the time it was a battle of favour in the Alexander mansion.

Even though Anaya didn't understand, she held an extremely huge role in the family. As tiny as she could be, Anaya was the one who held the whole family united. Considering Ethen and Owens personalities and their different parents, it was very uncommon for them to get along so well as they do now, However they had already become real siblings with ease after the arrival of their baby sister Anaya. As both of the brothers had apprehended by now, their little sister has to be protected all time. And with their age and power, they could do it at least a  bit better, together.

"Where is her room?"

Still stiff from the sensation of the tiny baby who slept calmly on his embrace, Hugo questioned Ethen with a hoarse voice. After all, this was, in fact, his first time holding a tiny creature as this. Even though he already had a younger sister, he had barely interacted with her when she was an infant. As their age difference was not more than five years, Hugo's parents did not let him hold her or be near her when she was a baby thinking that he would drop her or unintentionally hurt her. This overprotectiveness, however, did too much damage than good for the two siblings. And with Hugo's nonchalant personality, as he lost the interest once, he never bothered about his sister afterwards.

Sure after some years he spoke and acted as siblings when he was not busy. But other than that they were much of distant relatives than two same blood sharing siblings. They didn't have the bond which a usual brother-sister have.

Ethen, however, didn't care for the stiff man and wanted to drag his sister away from him as soon as possible. Even though he was just the age of eight, he was a very bright kid. Just from the way his uncle has enclosed both his hands around his tiny sister he understood how inexperienced the man was.

"Uncle Hugo, why don't you just give our sis to me? I'll take her to her cot"

Knowing it was his chance to take back their little sister, Ethen offered with bright eyes. Owen who was next to him still drowning on vinegar, knowing what his brother was up to, nodded his head in agreement.

"Well Ethen I'd like to give her away, but this little one is clinging to my neck. I think she will wake up if we try to move her forcefully."

Hugo subconsciously held the tiny one a bit tighter not understanding that he had already got attached to the little furnace kinda warmth which surrounded his neck.

Conceding to the man's words Ethan had no choice but to retreat. With a sigh, he led Hugo into Anaya's room with Owen following behind muttering curses to the gods above not for giving them a chance. After all both the youngsters knew very well that their mother would not stand still if any of them her angelic daughter cry.

Especially since unlike other babies, their tiny sister Anaya rarely cried. She would whine a little when she was uncomfortable, however, crying was not something Anaya did. At first, the family was worried as it was contrasting with the usual habits of a newborn and made sure to get a few specialists to check on her. However, they all concluded that she was a very healthy newborn and her habit of not crying was not something to be alarmed of.