Gamer Changer

Soccer wasn't going great, but Eliza was enjoying the fun of it all. After losing the last match, the team was feeling a little defeated, "Football is getting better, but the second half." Danny made a Kapoot sound, "Mustangs must get fitter or Mustangs will never win." Eliza perked up at the sight of cones spread around the pitch, "You have no substitution, only the book slug and she's glued to the bench all sluggy. I'll teach you how to build endurance, get up and form two groups."

Eliza grinned, standing next to Willow, who had become her best friend on the team after their sleep over, "I'm so hyped for this!" She bounced a little, having a gist of what they were about to endure.

"Multistage fitness test." Danny informed the girls, Anusha and ELiza seeming to be the only ones excited for it.

"The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multistage aerobic capacity test that progressively gets more difficult as it continues." Eliza mocked the vine she'd watched many years ago, something she did everytime she was to perform a test, "Felicity Maltby got a 12.6 once and then I got a 10.3 and I was really happy because it's Felicty Maltby and I'm not far behind."

Danny pressed his tape player, holding it to a speaker phone as a foreign language that even Eliza didn't know played out, "You hear beep, you run to the line. You hear beep, you run back.  You don't make it to the line before the next beep, you're out. Okay, first group line up."

 Marnie, Ruby, Hanifa, Anusha and even Bella, after she was forced, made their way up to the cones. Danny started the test, "Beep, oh no, I'm out." Bella went to sit straight back down with her book, Willow and Eliza laughing slightly at the girls tactic.

"You're just going to stop, it's a test?"

Hanifa was the second out, Anusha not far behind, leaving Marnie and Ruby to compete. It was close between the two, both of them falling out at a 5.6.

Willow and Eliza stood next to each other for their turn, "I know I'll lose, but you want to make a bet?"

Eliza smirked, "What's the wager?"

"I win, you ask Harris on a date. You win, I ask Harris to go on a date with you."

"What, no!" Eliza exclaimed before she heard the first beep and Willow took off, the brunette not far behind, "Willow! You better not! I thought I told you no pushing!"

***

"You got a 11.3." Willow walked in shock next the the tennis player, "I don't understand. How did you get an 11.3?"

"I know!" Eliza was so happy that she'd beaten her previous scoring, "I have to do beep tests every other week and never once have I gone over a 10.5. Who knew that this extra practice with soccer would help my fitness?"

Willow couldn't believe this girl existed. She seemed to revel in fitness and hardship, used to being achy and tired, and she had no idea how she did it all, "You're crazy."