Chapter 11

Cody Zonov shown above.

____________________________

It's been a few days since my moment with Nikolai and I am currently training a group of kids. Matt is here today as well.

His birthday is in four days, making it May 30th. Mom is talking about baking him a cake or something. I was all for it since I love cake, haha.

In four days, my little brother would officially be a part of the mafia. He was excited beyond belief. It was kind of annoying how he kept asking questions on what it was like.

I let out a sigh as Andrew Peterson, the fourteen year old American mafia kid that came with my family and I, walked up to me for the seventh time. He pushed a hand through his dirty blonde hair, trying to look attractive.

He's been doing this for the past hour or so, asking me for help when he doesn't need it. Kid thought he had game. Little did he know I was 'Nikolai's girl', as Klaus like's to say. Nikolai and I are together, I guess you could say. Just not publicly. Only Alexei, Klaus, Mom, Dad, Matt, Lyn, and Vladimir know. I was actually planning on telling Adam and Maddie today but I got stuck training these dingbats.

Andrew smirked as he stepped right up to me. "Hey, Rose. I need to ask you something."

Ah, finally, the kid will actually give me a chance to reject him. I raised my eyebrow and waited.

Andrew reached up and tucked a non existent strand of hair behind my ear and smiled. "I was wondering if you'd let me take you out tonight? It's Friday. We could go see a movie or something, if you want."

I opened my mouth to reply when an arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me into a broad, muscular chest. I recognized the tattoos trailing down the arm and smirked. Nikolai.

"What's your name, kid?"

Andrew's green eyes widened and I stifled a laugh. "Andrew Peterson, sir."

I didn't have to look to know Nikolai's icy blue eyes were glaring at Andrew.

"Well, Andrew, this girl here," Nikolai started, his arm tightening possessively, "Is mine. Try and find someone your own age."

Andrew's eyes nearly popped out of his head as he nodded and rushed away, defeated. I chuckled and turned around in Nikolai's arms, careful of the right side of his chest and his right shoulder. He was out of bed but still had to be cautious. He still needs to heal a bit.

"He's gonna tell everyone, you know," I muttered as Nikolai looked down at me with a smirk. He used his good arm to lift me up a bit as he bent to kiss my lips quickly.

"I'm counting on it," he murmured, his blue eyes shining.

I laughed and pecked his lips again before pulling away so no one saw. They were all too busy sparring anyway. I walked into the weapons room, Nikolai following.

Nikolai grumbled. "I don't get why you want to keep it a secret, Rose."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't want people to think... certain thoughts," I replied, reaching for a throwing knife set hung up on the wall in the weapons closet. The training room had it's own weapons room. A large one, too. The conference room had one as well.

I grumbled and went to grab a stool when Nikolai easily grabbed them and held them out to me with a smirk. I grabbed them and walked back into the training room only to head into my office. It was just another side room to the training room. When you walk in, straight ahead but in the right corner is a dark wooden desk with a black rolling chair behind it. Along the left wall is a few filing cabinets and some shelves with books and stuff on them. Two simple chairs sat in front of the desk. The wall to your right when you walk in has a large window so you can see the whole training room. It's a one sided window, though. Everyone knows this, too. A black, soft sofa sits right under the window with a simple table beside it.