I

"Your majesty," called out a deadpanned voice. The queen turned her head to see who it was, calming down when she recognized the figure.

"Ah, Fi. Yes, do you have any news?" the blonde asked.

The servant nodded. "Indeed. His Highness will be arriving by dawn seven days from now in accordance to your request."

The queen smiled. "Excellent. Inform my daughter to begin her preparations. We cannot afford for anything to go awry that night. Understood?"

The blue-haired maiden nodded, bowing before her monarch. "Yes, Your Grace. Your will is my command."

"Good. Now, go."

"Yes, Your Grace," she repeated. Then, Fi made haste to visit the princess. It was to be a very busy week in the castle, and absolutely nothing was allowed to go wrong.

Hylia always had a streak of keeping things perfect, and she didn't plan on breaking it anytime soon.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A mop of golden hair bounced up and down as the boy raced through the numerous halls of the large, stone castle. With dishes in his arms, he ran. He had to take extra caution as he moved around, dodging other servants left and right.

"Pardon me! Coming through!" he shouted in warning as he dashed. "So sorry, ma'am! Gotta get through! Watch out!"

Thankfully, the boy soon arrived at his destination. He kicked the wooden door to the kitchen harshly, throwing it open, and he ran inside. He dumped all the plates into the sink they owned and sighed in relief. Not a single dish broken.

In the room with him was another servant like him. They were named Skully for their love of mask. Though, they weren't exactly allowed to wear it while they worked. Skully smiled over at the Hylian boy.

"Link! There you are!" they exclaimed. "Whoa, that's a lot of dirty dish stuff ya got there."

Link sighed, nodding. "Yeah. Sorry to throw it all on ya guys. But you know how picky Impa is getting..."

"You can say that again," another child groaned, eyeing the pile of work with disgust. "Gods above, this is gonna be one pain in my arse."

Skully giggled. "Sheik said 'arse'."

Sheik rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let's just get this over with."

Again, Link smiled. This time it was more obviously apologetic. "Sorry... I wish I could help but-"

"LINK!"

Everyone cringed at the shout, covering their ears from the way the boy's name was screeched. It was now Sheik and Skully's turn to give Link a pitiful expression. The Hylian only chuckled nervously in return.

"Well, gotta head back to it. Busy, busy, busy."

Without further hesitation, Link dashed away to continue his duties. Life was hard as a castle servant, but he had to do what he was told to. He had no home to turn to if they kicked him out. So it was between living on the streets of Castle Town, or working his butt off for royalty.

The young man dashed through the halls of the servants' floor until he finally found who had called for him. He grinned up at the woman, the dirt and dust coating his fair skin giving him a youthful look.

"You called, Impa?"

Impa looked down at him, being the taller of the two, and sneered at him. "I need you to come with me," she replied, immediately walking off and up the stairs to the higher floors of the castle. Link trailed behind her.