V

"That damned bastard!" the queen hissed, her gaze hard and cold as she stares out her glass window to look down on her kingdom. "I ask one simple thing from him, and his son goes to embarrass me in front of my court!"

Hylia turned to the only other person in the room: a young woman with cerulean blue hair, sky blue eyes, and adorned in navy and violet fabrics. The woman stood a distance away from the queen with an emotionless expression on her face.

"With all due respect, my queen, Prince Ghirahim is but a young demon. It is normal for his age group to rebel against his father's desires-"

"I care not for what that brat feels or does in his own kingdom, Fi, but I will not tolerate this behavior when they are in my lands!"

"Of course, your highness."

Hylia snarled in disgust at the thought of that family. A demon king with a bastard child, and the other a half-breed with a whore for a mother. She wasn't even crowned queen after the younger's birth. Such a family would be shamed in her court.

Hers was much more pure. She had her only daughter, Zelda, and her husband died nobly in battle against Demise's ranks. This was why they created such an agreement: to bring peace between their people so no more may die.

It was the only reason why she let them anywhere near her beloved daughter.

The queen released a heavy sigh, her temper sizzling away as she calmed down. "Fi," she told the woman. "Please, check on Zelda. I hope she wasn't as embarrassed about last night's events as I am at the moment..."

Fi gave a nod, then bowed. "Yes, my queen."

She then turned away from Hylia and left the room, traveling through the halls and corridors towards the east wing.

The guards paid Fi no mind. At least, for the most part. A couple of new recruits spotted her and exchanged questioning glances and whispers before being shushed by their superior. She could hear them, but kept her face as neutral as she could.

"Who is she?" they asked.

"Don't know. Maybe a servant?"

"She certainly ain't Hylian. Maybe not even human..."

Fi took a deep breath as she passed them, and moved forward. She walked up the steps of the east wing all the way to the second to last tower. She approached the door and gave a soft knock or two.

"Coming!" shouted a voice from the other end.

The wooden door was opened, and Zelda stood in the doorway. She smiled at the woman.

"Ah! It's just you, Fi," she said. "Did you need something?"

Fi bowed to the princess. "Your mother has instructed me to check on you. Are you feeling well?"

Zelda gave her a questioning stare. "Um... Yeah, I guess. Why did Mother need you to check up on me?" she asked.

Fi stood up again. "She is concerned that Prince Ghirahim's action may have interfered with your emotions."

"Oh. That guy." Zelda gave a frown. "No. It... It wasn't him, really. I honestly didn't care."

"Very well. I'll report back to your mother promptly."

Fi spun around again, her foot raised to walk back to Hylia to conclude her small task. But Zelda took an initiative and grabbed the servant by her shoulder. Fi turned around once more to look at the princess.

"Is there something you need, your highness?" she asked.

Zelda shook her head. "No, Fi. I... I don't need anything but..." She sighed. "I know you have to tell my mother everything I tell you. Especially if it... If it can interrupt my studies and so forth, but I need to get something off my chest. But you can't tell Mother." 

Fi felt curious, something rather unusual for the supposedly emotionless servant of Hylia. "Yes, Princess Zelda."

Zelda bit her lip. She grabbed Fi's hand and led her inside the room, closing the door behind them. Fi stared at the blonde curiously.

The princess let out a sigh as she leaned against the wood, looking up at Fi. "Alright. So here's the thing..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"I don't quite understand..."

"Of course you wouldn't," the prince sighed. "Vaati, I don't want to go through with this ridiculous wedding Father's planned for me and that bimbo..."

The man himself, Vaati, rolled his eyes at the prince. "Ghirahim, I know I'm supposed to be your little 'friend' and all, but I'm also the king's adviser. You have to go through with the wedding."

Ghirahim scowled. "But I can't! Especially not now." The prince jumped off his chair and strolled over to the window of his room, looking out into the distance. Above the hill, just past the small meadow that laid between his land and Hylia's, he could see the castle of the queen.

He let out a sigh, leaning on his arm as he stared at the kingdom. "Not after I met that Hylian. Not after Link."

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Ghirahim!" Vaati slammed his hand on the marble desk beside the prince, nearly shattering it. His crimson eyes flared in rage and frustration. "A fucking Hylian noble? A man, no less? You know your father would never approve of it. You need a queen! Not some boy toy to stick your dick into!"

The prince snapped his head towards the adviser, glaring at him with a snarl. "Don't you dare say such things about him! He was an angel on Earth if I ever saw one! Not just a toy!"

"You get my point, though," the other sighed. "There's no point in making lovey-dovey eyes at that guy. He's a noble. You're a prince. Neither of you would be allowed together no matter which way you look at it!"

"But I have to have him, Vaati! I don't care about the throne—well, that's not true, but only because I'd never let that half-breed have it—but I do care for him more!"

Vaati stared at the prince, clearly not amused. "Your majesty, you knew one another for one night. And from the sounds of it, he ran away from you once he found out you were the prince. How do you know it's even going to work out?"

"That's the thing..." Ghirahim looked back out the window, a smile slowly etching its way onto his face. "I never know until I try."

The adviser rolled his eyes once again. "Right. Whatever." Vaati then turned away on his heel. "Come get me once you've got some sense in that egotistical head of yours."

With that, the man left the prince alone in his room to stare at Hylia's castle, silently hoping the prince would come to his senses before it was too late.