Story Weavers Exclusive # 3

If you are able to re-write any scene in MG2018 (except for the wedding) what would it be?

Cee Dr-Cokebottles : 

I would rewrite the scene where Shancai tells Ah Si he and Xiaozi are a good match. This scene was heartbreaking as it was so easily avoidable. The miscommunication in MG frustrates me. One of the many times I wanted to bang their heads together. JUST TELL EACH OTHER YOU LOVE EACH OTHER ALREADY!!!  

Ro Rosmiwrites :

I'd take away the hunger strike. I loathe this arc and the way it was resolved! But if I can't get rid of it entirely, then I'd get rid of Xiaozi and Lei's involvement and resolve it with Daoming Feng caving in solely because of CaiSi's hungerstrike. I'm still salty about that whole arc.

Elsa Zazounette86 :

Oh my ! I love Meteor Garden, really, but every time she hurts him and that he goes away, I just want to shout at her for her to run after him and hugs him ! (So I was really happy when she did that after the fight with Xiaoyou's boyfriend). But if I had to choose one moment, I would say the moment she hid in the fishermen village. Lei came to join her but I would have added Daoming Si joining them at last. In the manga, Yoko Kamio made Daoming Si (Domyoji Tsukasa) joining them, but he was still mad at her and threw the necklace in the pool... And I would re-write that necklace scene as well, I would like Daoming Si spotting Shancai looking for the necklace... 

mystic_gal101 :

For me I think I would like to rewrite the proposal scene. I don't really know, but I was waiting for the ring. Because they didn't show anything. Personally the ring signifies a promise. I was even waiting for the necklace to reappear, Ah si could've used it to propose to her as well. Since he gave the necklace on the exact location, he could've use it to propose to her as well. It would've been a beautiful reminder to the both of them.

Jie jieyue :

Hah! This question knew that all of us would want to re-write the wedding scene. LMAO. Perhaps, if not the wedding scene, definitely Dao Ming Feng's character development - it's just so...cringey? I would have written her as an evil mother-in-law but nonetheless slowly loving SC. I felt like everything was rushed at the end and their character developments were all forced. Also, Xiao Zi and Thomas, it was a wtf moment for me when I saw it. 

Shar Asian_fangirl7 :

Besides the perplexing wedding scene (the only thing that salvaged it really was the behind-the-scenes of their repeated wedding kisses), there is nothing else that irks me enough that I want to change it. Maybe I would have liked a hint that Lei and Jing might reconcile in future - I just like it when all the couples end up happily together in neat pairings because I have slight OCD (haha).

Haz HazNutz :

I knew this scene was original to the manga, but I wished the new version would have been updated to the current #metoo era. I wished that it had been at least addressed expressedly by both Ah Si and Shancai instead of being glossed over. If I were to re-write it, I would definitely include a scene where Shancai confronted Ah Si about what he did. I would make him acknowledge his wrongdoing and how unjustified it was and apologized for it.