PREFACE

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━

"The universe wrote fiction in us; it's called fear"━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━THEIR BODIES LAY LIKE GHOULISH mannequins, their skin burnt and melting

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━
THEIR BODIES LAY LIKE GHOULISH mannequins, their skin burnt and melting. The smell could only be described as one from recently slaughtered animals. In this case the animals were humans their their corpses were still warm, the blood thickening but not yet dried on their waxy skin.

The sounds become as though she was underwater. Aside from the beat of her erratic heartbeat, no muscle could move. The pounding inside of her beat a rhythm to the words of their execution.

Her bright red hair was stained and discoloured when the police found her. She was staring into space, but she couldn't tell what it is she was looking for.

Eudora sighed as she glanced briefly at the girl, before her eyes met her ex-partners brown eyes "We can't just leave her here Diego!" Diego bit his lip harshly before running his calloused hands through his hair "forensics can't find a match for her DNA. Dora this girl is literally a ghost."

Eudora ignored the mans words and kneeled down to the girl, she spoke softly yet she still noticed the young girl jump as though she had only been brought back to reality "Hiya sweetheart my name is Eudora and that man over there is Diego. What's your name?" Silence filled the crime scene for a long time until the girl lifted her rag torn top to reveal a set of numbers tattooed by her lift rib.

Eudora's eyes widened as she shared a look with her ex lover before giving the shaken young girl a soft smile "Can you speak? Are you hurt?" Number 728 shook her head slowly. Diego kissed his teeth before also kneeling down to her height "Can you try and tell us what happened here?"

Number 728 began to shake her head rapidly, her eyes bristling with unshed tears as her arms began to glow. The two adults stepped back as the girl began to panic, Eudora took a sharp intake of breath "What the hell?" She whispered. Snapping out of his surprised daze, Diego immediately went into action attempting to calm the young girl by reaching out to touch her. Only when his fingertips met her glowing skin, he released a hiss. She had burnt him.

Eudora rolled her eyes at the man, she gave the young girl a small smile "He's a bit stupid. Don't mind him." Number 728 cracked a small smile, the glow in her body dimming down. "Why don't you go over there to those nice men.?" Upon noticing the redheads uncertainty Eudora almost instinctively leaned down to give her a quick kiss on her forehead "They just want to check if your alright sweetheart." Number 728 nodded as she slowly raised herself from the scarred floorboards, sending a quick smile to the two adults.

Eudora turned to face her ex-partner "So she's like you? Did your father secretly adopt another kid or something?" On normal circumstances Diego Hargreeves would have rolled his eyes and said something crude.

But these were not normal circumstances.

His eyes caught a charred piece of paper, scanning over it he turned to his ex-partner, His facial expression was one of absolute disdain. He abhorred to what he had found. "I think some bastard was experimenting on children." Diego closed his eyes, he couldn't begin to fathom what the girl could have gone through but he guessed it was much more horrendous than his childhood.

Eudora took in a sharp breath as she continued to look at the paper documents (or what was left of them) "Oh god. They didn't just torture her according to this they beat her, starved her....The poor girl she has no one, nothing." Diego hummed in agreement while looking over at the small child whom was getting checked over by the medics. The redhead sent a small smile causing him to give her one back.

Eudora watched this exchange her mind racing. The girl was more mentally scared than physically. " I'm going to adopt her. Or well try too I doubt the court won't say yes."
Diego snapped his head over to the woman "Dora, you sure about this? Looking after a child is no easy task." Eudora rolled her eyes "I looked after you, same difference." Diego choked on his spit watching the ex love of his life saunter off to the redhead.

AND SO THE STORY OF LEIGHTON PATCH BEGAN!