CHAPTER I: "WELCOME HOME."

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━

"Make peace with your broken pieces "

━━━━━━━☆☆━━━━━━━━━━━

LEIGHTON PATCH GIGGLED excitedly as she sat in the backseat of her mother's car. In her arms she held the board game ' monopoly' she had found the game while herself and her mother went shopping, insisting Eudora buy it so she could play it with Diego during their fun week.

It had been approximately three months since Number 728 legally became Leighton Patch and about six months since she moved in with Eudora. Since then Eudora had made it her mission to educate her child about everything she could although Leighton was still pretty naive and had trouble pronouncing things.

Diego Hargreeves had also become a steady figure in Leighton's life coming over often and playing with her. The two invented a week were they purely hanged out with each other, with Eudora's daily lessons and trying to adjust to the world around her. This fun week was always a breath of fresh air for Leighton.

The redhead grabbed her mother's hand and began to walk into Diego's apartment complex. Upon reaching the door Leighton bounced on the balls on her feet while knocking excessively. The door swung open to reveal a disheveled looking Diego Hargreeves, he's eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked at the two females before him.

"What are you two doing here." Eudora clicked her tongue in irritation as her orbs steely gazed at the man before them. "It's Lei's fun week. Remember?" Eudora knew how much Lei looked forward to this week every month, and she honestly revelled from the happiness the redhead emitted every time the fun week was coming around.

Diego's eyes flashed with realisation and her ran his calloused hand through his short brown hair "Shit I forgot. The old bastard finally kicked it, and I got to go back home for his funeral." Eudora's glare sharpened as she slapped his shoulder not appreciating his use of crude language in front of her child.

Leighton stood in the corner mouthing the word 'shit' repeatedly to herself as though it was a food sample and she was trying to determine if it was nice or not. This wasn't an abnormal thing to do, while Leighton had grasped the basics of English and speaking full sentences. There were still an abundance of words she had to learn, when one of these came up she would mouth the world. Trying to decipher it's meaning.

Leighton's shoulder sagged as she finally picked up in what Diego was saying. Her eyes saddened giving her the appearance of a kicked puppy dog "Does that me and Dee can't have our fun week?" Diego glanced at Eudora who's glare had intensified. He gulped loudly and glanced at Leighton who had a look of pure depression on her freckles face. "Well I mean I'm just going for a day, you could come with me and we'll be back to enjoy the rest of our week."