1. The Beginning of a Legend.

Midoriya Izuku, son of Hisashi, was lying in the meadows, surrounded by all kinds of colourful flowers, and the wind kindly touched his face. He thought about tomorrow, and closed his eyes, focusing on the sounds of cowbells in the distance, and the warmth of the sun.
The spring had only just begun, but he already had forgotten the cold days of winter.

He stretched out and sat up. He heard his mother call his name. She was all he had left after his father died on the battlefield.
He was Izuku's hero, and Izuku always wanted to be like him when he was younge, but now his father was no more, he had changed his plans and decided that he wanted to be there for his mother no matter the cost.
He quickly got on his feet and ran to his house.

"I almost got worried," said Inko as her son entered the house.
"Where were you?" Izuku closed the door behind him. "In the meadows nearby," he answered. "Why did you call me?"
"Dinner's ready."
They sat down, Inko wasn't the best cook. But she always put her heart and soul into everything she made.
Today she had prepared a delicious stew. Made from home-grown vegetables. Izuku quickly thanked his mother for the meal and began to eat.

After dinner, she stood up, "I still have something for you."
She walked to the wardrobe, opened it, and took something out. "I thought you'd like it." "What's it?"
She looked at what she was holding, Izuku noticed the tears forming in her eyes: "It was your fathers..."

She slowly unwrapped the object from the leather. It was a sword, His father's sword.
"I knew he wanted you to have it."
The boy began to cry.
"He saved a lot of people with this sword."
Izuku knew everything about his father, he was a rogue knight, travelling through the kingdom and helping others where he could. The first, only and last time that he went to battle alongside the royal army, was the time he died.
"I know how bored you are." His Mother was now also crying.
Her voice cracked. "I want you to go out and help others... just like him!"
She dropped the sword on the table before her son. Izuku looked pale, his irises small, tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I can't take this mom... " he said after a while looking at his mother beside him, "I promised myself to stay with you."
She caringly put her hands on his face and wiped away his tears with her thumb. "It would only make me sadder if you throw away your life, just because you want to stay with me." She let out a small chuckle: "I'm already forty you know, I can take care of myself."
Midoriya put his hand on his father's sword. Smiling through the tears. "I love you, mom." she hugged him, rocking him back an forth.
"I love you too."

Izuku had agreed with his mother that he would leave at the end of the week. During his last week at home, he would practice and prepare for his journey.
He closed the door behind him.
He needed to be able to use the sword properly.
The cold morning wind blew in his face.
He sighed, Would I even survive on my own? He had to, He needed to come back eventually, to tell her all his stories.
He put his right foot before the other and got into a fighting stance, an imaginary opponent stood before him. I have to give it my everything. He swung his sword imagining a duel. He took a step backwards, sunken in his own thoughts, he was fighting. Step forward, attack, step backwards, defend, step forward, attack, step backwards, defend, step forward, attack, step backwards, trip over a loose rock... Wait what? He lied on the ground, arms spread, legs spread, defeated. he closed his eyes, he felt tired from all the training he did.

It felt like three hours had passed. It had been six days since he got the sword, he would leave tomorrow, but he was still terrible at fighting.
He dusted himself off, he really wanted to be the hero his father was. But could he ever?
He looked at the sword resting in his hands, sighed, and walked back home.

"Is my hero home already?" said his mother as he stepped inside.
The smell of apple pie filled his nose. "It was meant as a surprise for after you finished training."
"I'm sorry mom." said Midoriya as he entered the small kitchen. Inko gave him a big hug. "Why don't you gather all your stuff for tomorrow?" he nodded.
He grabbed his bag and put in all the things he thought he could use. he checked all his belongings again and again. "That's all." he finally said to himself.
"Izuku, Are you ready?" yelled his mom from the other room. He entered the dining room and saw his mother sitting happily with the deliciously smelling pie before her.
"Suprise!"

Midoriya woke up in his bed after an evening of eating pie and playing games with his mother. He would leave today. And he was ready.
"Wake up mom!" he whispered, "I'll be leaving soon!"
Inko slowly opened her eyes, she still looked very tired. "So early already?"
He laughed, "Mom, its almost noon."
The boy grabbed his bag and put on his shoes while his mother got ready. "I still have some pie if you'd like, I baked two yesterday." She showed Izuku the pie, it was wrapped in paper. Izuku gladly took it and put it in his bag.
"You sure you have everything?" He nodded.
"Are you sure?" "Don't worry so much, I have everything."
He kissed his mother on her cheek  "Goodbye mom, I love you so much!"
She cried while smiling "I love you too, Izuku."
He opened the door and closed his eyes. breath in, breath out.
He had never felt so excited before. He ran outside. waving his mother goodbye as she wiped her tears away.

(A/N)
First chapter done! I hoped you liked it since it's the first story that I'm actually proud of.
Feel free to point out any grammar or spelling mistakes, Because it would not only improve the story, but also my English.
(1070 words)

Thank you for reading! (ω)