13. The Nagaski Castle

"Did that guy just turn into a dragon?!" Todoroki still wasn't over it, "A DRAGON?!"
they all seemed to be upset about something else: The prince about meeting an actual dragon, and also not succeeding in defeating his opponent, Iida about failing to save his friend, and leaving him behind after retreating like cowards...
But Uraraka was damaged the worst out of them, she just couldn't get Kirishima's scared eyes out of her mind, he didn't want to turn into that beast, she recalled him saying that.

"We need to get to the castle!" panted Iida, but they had no idea where to go, so they just kept following the path. the plan was to meet with Ainzawa, and search for reinforcements to get Midoriya back.

"HALT!" a voice shouted from behind, they turned around, three guards, seemingly on their breaks, stood behind the group,
"Who are you?!"
"Please guide us to the castle, we need-"
The guards laughed, "Well of course you're going to the castle," said one as he pulled Iida's arms behind his back and cuffed them, the other two got the same treatment, "where else would we imprison you?"
Iida gulped, that wasn't exactly what they had in mind.

••• (<<should I use these things more often, to make it easier to read?<<)

Kirishima had fainted, after setting half the forest on fire, because of the confusion spell
Bakugo had carried him and Midoriya back to their own camp, his arms covered in blisters and burns.
He put both boys down by the campfire, his hostage just a bit harsher than he did with his friend.
Bakugo ignored the green-haired boy, and watched how Kirishima stirred in his unconscious state.
"Thank you," said the boy behind him, "for saving me from the fire."
Bakugo jerked his head to the side, glaring at Midoriya, "Don't bother, the only reason I let you live is because he wouldn't want you to die." he kept quiet for a second, and looked at his damaged arms, "I should've left you, you weren't worth it."
Midoriya followed his gaze to his arms, only now noticing the damage. he brought his hands over to the blisters and burns, not sure why he did it, he knew he couldn't help or heal him in any way.

"My friend could help you with those, she has healing magic."
"Fucking round face should stay the fuck away from me, she messed up enough." the blonde scoffed.
"I'm sure she didn't mean to do that, we didn't know..." Midoriya sounded unsure,
"Well you guys are useless, no wonder king All Might left you." Midoriyas eyes widened, sweat started to appear on his forehead: "You knew about his disappearance?"
"Of course we do, we have plenty of spies."
"You have spies?!" the boy was shaking,
"You don't? Well, that's just your own fault."
Bakuko chuckled soflty,

Kirishima groaned, breaking up the simple conversation that was going on by slowly gaining consciousness. His eyes fluttered open, and the first thing he saw was Bakugo, his dear and only friend.
Bakugo smirked with sad eyes as the first thing he saw his friend doing was scanning for injuries, and not for his own.
"Kat I'm so sorry," he opened his mouth to say more, but he was cut off, "Don't you apologise, they were the ones who fucked up." he pointed behind him, to Midoriya.

The half-dragon's eyes widened, and he leaned forward, his hands reached for Midoriya, wanting to apologise, but he pulled back before coming far, immediately curling up, with his arms around his knees and his head pressed down. "I could've killed you, I'm so sorry."
It was silent for a while, the only thing that could be heard was the wind and the campfire.

"I'm fine," began Midoriya, his voice soft and careful, "The others are too, and you didn't want to hurt us, we all know that."

Kirishima smiled through his tears, "Thank you," he almost whispered, "but I just gotta take a walk, to clear my head."
He slowly got up, shaking off Bakugo as he tried to stop him: "It's okay, I'll be back."

•••

"Your presence has been requested." A Nagasaki guard opened the door of the temporary cell the three were put in, they all noticed how much nicer they were treated now compared with before.
The guard led them through the castle. Todoroki always believed that the whole of Nagasaki was barbaric, and never really knew what to expect about the castle, but to his surprise it was quite similar to his home; the carpeted floors, smooth stone walls covered with banners, flags and paintings of important people and events, it felt as if he were actually home.
The guard halted before a double wooden door, he opened it, and signalled them to enter, and although they were treated as normal guest now, the teens still knew and felt that their guard was still untrusting in them, but he kept it hidden away behind his stony expression.

"Please enter." he said, while opening the door, the three saw an irritated Aizawa inside the room, and they couldn't decide if they should be relieved or more anxious to see him.
The man turned his head and his eyes met with theirs, he seemed angry and irritated, they ignored his orders, after all.

"Why are you here?!" he stormed towards the now closed door, his face already turning red, "Why did you ignore my orders, leave the camp, and let yourself get arrested?!"

Todoroki opened his mouth to comment, but Aizawa cut him off, "And don't dare to say that it was an accident, because I was told you just walked up to them, do you even care?!"

He impatiently waited for them to answer, but noticed that they all had tears in their eyes, cleary at discomfort, "Midoriya got kidnapped." Uraraka almost whispered, trying to prevent her voice from breaking.
"By who?" "We don't precisely know," began Iida, "two guys our age, one blond and one with red hair, but we don't know their names since they only used nicknames."

"You forgot the part where one of them turned into a dragon." hissed Todoroki, his words dripping with sarcasm.
"I was getting to that." replied the knight kindly,  as Todoroki still was of royal blood, "We fought the two to get Midoriya back, but then the redhead turned into a dragon, so we opted to retread, so we could get reinforcements." Uraraka became more uncomfortable at those words, he didn't just turn into a dragon, she forced him to.

Aizawa merely laughed, "reinforcements?" the laughing continued, "You should be happy they didn't kill you on the spot," the man shook his head with a defeated sigh, "and now we all have to audience with the king and queen, because I have to explain how come I brought intruders, you children are ruining my career."
And with that he walked off towards another door opposite from the one they entered with.
"Are you not coming? You started this mess."

(A/N)
Happy new year guys!
I want to thank the ones that are still reading this, because half of the readers left after chapter 9 (I get it tho, I would've as well.)
Also thanks for the 1K reads and all the votes, I really appreciate it.

Also, the reason that I took so long with updating (and then skipped that chapter) was because chapter 10 would have a lot of Shinso, and I just couldn't write him as anything besides a huge fucking meme, and after a month of trying I gave up, so yeah. ('¬_¬)

Thanks for reading!