Chapter 29 (Edited)

"But, I don't want to go out into the backyard," I said complaining, sitting on the floor of the kitchen. I folded my arms across my chest and huffed, looking up at my brother. I pouted, not wanting to start training again, even though I knew that I had to soon.

A month had passed from the time that I had killed Coach Pike, and I was back in school. I wasn't training, just yet, even though we did need to start soon, again. However, my side had been bugging me, and sometimes I'd been getting these shakes for no reasons. Also, we wanted to get my strength up again, so I didn't start basketball just yet, nor was I allowed in the backyard again.

Brody came and visit me everyday, and we talked for hours. I finally knew everything there was to know about him, and we also finished each other sentences like twins do. However, he wasn't allowed to go out the front door, because of some sort of reason that I don't know about.

I had been getting closer with my brothers and sisters, though. That was a good thing. I had been walking on the sidewalk and one or two joined me on my walks. At first I thought it was for protection, but they told me that they actually wanted to get to know me and help me past the mopey side that they were seeing.

Jason came by everyday, also. He gave me my work and taught me what we had done that day. As the days grew on, we became closer friends. He was still as jumpy as ever, however, he wasn't that jumpy. I had met his family and found out that he had a younger sister that was named Lilo. She was almost turning twelve and would be orientated soon. I adored her, and I think that she was the reason that I didn't spend like a year in the depressed state.

However, there was a surprising person that usually came to visit during the days when my family was working with the clan. And that person, was Lobo. He came everyday, and we talked for hours upon end. I learned about his fears and about his family. He learned about my fears and how I grew up. He learned about the hardships that I had faced growing up. Some he seemed surprised about. Others, he did not, and it made me wonder if he all ready knew about it.

I shook my head breaking me from my thoughts. I looked at my brother and glared, still not wanting to go into the backyard. Backyard meant training, and I didn't want to start training, even though I knew that I gotta work through the pain.

"Come on, Martha, and don't make me take hold your hand," John said, laughing. He was glad that I was my old rambunctious self and not all mopey, and sad about killing someone. His eyes danced with laughter while he held out his hand.

I pouted and tucked in on myself still looking at him, narrowing my eyes. "I'm not a two-year old."

"You're acting like one," he replied, still having his hand out. He raised his eyebrow. "Now, come on. We don't have much time to do anymore complaining about stuff. We, also, don't have time for your attitude, because we are being waited upon."

I sighed, giving up. I knew that he wasn't going to back down. I also knew that he would take me by the shirt and dragged me into the backyard, and I don't want that to happen. "I'm coming. I'm coming," I grumbled, standing up. I winced and held my side when the scar pulled.

"You're not going to practice," he said, going into the backyard. He didn't look back, knowing that I would follow him.

I followed him, like the good girl I was. "Then what am I going to do?" I asked, jumping the last step. "Why am I going out here?"

"You'll see," John said, smiling. He turned back around and walked on.

I shook my head and sighed, knowing that I wasn't going to get an answer. I stuffed my hands into my pockets and followed my brother. My heart pounded, and I felt that something different was in the air.

Something was going to happen to me, and I was ready for whatever would come. I knew that I wouldn't be alone.