Chapter 3

The next few days were full of tension. Countless preparation had to be made. Between making sure Spencer and his companion were safe and hidden, we also had to decide who his companion would be. The council had long since decided it couldn't be the alpha of the pack, so dad was out of the question. It was also an unwritten rule that they couldn't be a family member: they didn't want them to interfere with the process out of sympathy. Too close of a connection or something along those lines. One option occurred to me, and I confronted my dad.

"Are you crazy! You can't help him shift. The answer is no." My dad yells at me. I can feel myself getting upset, but I won't allow it to show on my face. I planned for this moment.

"Dad, you know that I'm perfect for this. Everyone else has too much of a connection or too little. We only have been dating for three months, so the connection isn't too strong yet." I say very calmly. It was a bit of a lie, we had been dating for half a year, but that didn't change anything. Either way our relationship hadn't been going on for too long according to the regulations. Nevertheless, my dad would have overreacted and used that as an excuse. I put on my best sad eyes and stare him in his eyes. He opens and closes his mouth like a fish until he sighs.

"Fine. But if he so much as gives you a scratch, he's gonna get clean up duty for a year." He says seriously, running his hand through his brown hair. My sad eyes vanish instantly and I hug him a bit over exuberantly.

"Okay daddy! No worry. I'll make sure I follow all the rules and wear all the safety equipment. You don't have to worry." I kiss him on his cheek and run off to my room. First thing I do is shoot a text to Spencer and Victoria about this. I sigh. I have to call a meeting to announce it to the clan and get the requirements. So much work! Sometimes I wished I wasn't the alpha's daughter. My phone lights up. It's Spencer saying how glad he is. I smile. Then again, sometimes I'm happy for it.

~@~@~@~
Hi icebergs!
So so so sorry for not updating for three years. I have had some bad things happen and hadn't felt motivated. But then I got comments saying I should continue and I saw how many people have read this story and I decided that I would. I hope you will forgive me. I will update as often as I can. Anywho, the fan of the day is EllaBeltran2. She is a good friend of mine and currently has two stories, one completed and one in the making. Please check her out.

Until next time
Ramber
~@~@~@~