🌱Muriel x Reader - Cozy🌱

You made your way out of the market after you had filled your basket with goods and found yourself wandering around the forest. You'd been walking around and admiring the nature and wildlife more than usual.

"Ouch!" You yelped as you snapped out of your daydreaming state realizing that you just walked into a branch.

You looked around and noticed it was getting dark and had no idea where you were.  Luckily for you, you've been staying with Muriel for some time now so you know your way around pretty well.

After some time you finally made it to Muriel's hut. You knocked on the door.

"Muriel, it's me Y/N!" You called.

After a short pause you heard "Come in!"

You walked in to be greeted with the smells Muriel's cooking and Inanna coming to welcome you.

You sat the basket of goods down, you purchased from the market, and kneeled down to scratch Inanna behind her fluffy ears. She pressed her snout on your cheek and began to lick your face. You giggled a bit and noticed Muriel smiling at you.

He quickly snapped out of it and asked "So what took you so long to get back?"

"Aw~ Did you miss me?" You asked walking over to Muriel giving him a hug and looked up at him for a response.

"..... M-maybe." He mumbled as he blushed, tightening the hug.

He held you for a while as you nuzzled your face into his chest.

"It's getting cold..." He said letting you go finishing up the rest of his cooking.

"I'll go get some firewood!" You said walking off.

You felt a hand grab yours.

"I can get it...!" Muriel said as you looked back at him slightly confused.

"Y-you just stay here and eat..." He said.

You smiled and nodded. He walked out of the hut. You walked over to the food, your mouth already started to water.

'Looks delicious!' You thought as you started to make a plate for you and Muriel.

You lighted a candle and waited for Muriel to get back.

The door came flying open slamming against the wall scaring you and waking up Inanna. Muriel walked in with both of his arms filled with firewood and shut the door behind him with his foot. You sighed in relief that it was just him. Inanna glared at Muriel and went back to her nap. Muriel made a fire in the fireplace and walked over to you with an upset look on his face.

"You didn't even touch your food..." He said.

You looked up at him, then down at your food, then back at him again.

"Huh?? Oh! I was waiting for you to get back so we could eat together!" You explained.

He had noticed the plate you made him across from you. His cheeks turned red from embarrassment.

"S-sorry, I didn't know...!" Muriel quickly sat down awkwardly, stuffing his face with food still embarrassed. You giggled and started eating.

"THIS IS DELICIOUS!!!" You exclaimed with food still in your mouth.

Muriel looked up at you in shock but soon after a small smile formed on his face. You guys had eaten and talked until the candle you had lit burnt out.

You both washed the dishes and sat by the fire. The furs you sat on were so warm and cozy. You looked up at Muriel and wrapped your arms around him. He tensed up a bit in shock but relaxed and pulled you on his lap. You straddled your legs around his waist. You both had your arms wrapped around each other, gazing into each other's eyes. Muriel slowly leaned towards you and placed a gentle kiss on your cheek.

'His lips are so soft and warm...' You thought.

His face turned a bright red as he pulled away. But then you slowly leaned forward, closing your eyes, and kissed his lips. Muriel had deepened the kiss even more. You both didn't want it to end. Eventually, you slowly pulled away. Muriel looked away as his face turned redder than ever. You held your hands on his warm cheeks and brought his eyes to yours.

"You're so precious~" you said softly, nuzzling your forehead on his.

Muriel tightened his grip around you and laid back on the floor with you in his arms.

He ran his fingers through your hair as you both snuggled listening to the crackling of the firewood and nature outside.

"I love you, Y/N..." he said into your ear.

"I love you too, Muriel." you replied smooching his cheek.

You fell peacefully asleep on Muriel's chest, Muriel falling asleep not long after you.