✨Julian x Non-Binary Reader - Fireflies✨

Requested by @todo_icyhotboi

This story is pretty gender-neutral too.

Y/n's POV.

I found myself wandering out of the forest and into a large open grassy river bank. Julian had invited me out for a dinner picnic after work. He keeps telling me I need to take more breaks away from the shop. "Doctor's orders!" He always says. I guess he's right, but Asra's gone most of the time so who else is going to do all the work?

I started looking around. 'Wow, this is gorgeous!' I thought.

The sun had just started to set behind the trees behind me. The area was just lit up enough so I could see my surroundings and the silhouettes of the trees across the lake.

As I was staring out into the lake a couple of twinkling lights floated out from behind me.

"Huh...?" I turned around to see the whole forest being lit up by thousands of fireflies.

"Wow..." I mumbled out loud.

"Hello, dear~" I heard a familiar voice approach me.

I turned my head. "Julian!" I ran up to him and jumped into his embrace.

"Sorry, dear, I know it's quite the walk getting here, but I hope it's to your liking." Julian smiled.

"Are you kidding? It's breathtaking! We should come here more often." I smiled back.

"Well, I'm glad you like it, Y/n." Julian wrapped an arm around mine and started walking.

We arrived at a picnic blanket, neatly scattered with an assortment of foods, drinks, and flickering candles.

"Wow, Julian, you really went all out!" I hugged his arm smiling sweetly at him.

"Anything for my, sweet Y/n~" He smiled back.

We both sat down across from each other and started to eat.

We conversed for a while, talking about crazy stories, adventures, our lives, and, of course, flirted here and there.

I occasionally felt myself nodding off so I crawled over to Julian and rested my head on his lap. Julian was a bit taken aback but then started to play with my hair.

"Hey, Jules?"

Julian shot up, being caught off guard. "Y-Yes, Y/n?"

"Thank you for this." I smiled.

"Of course, darling." Julian smiled back.

Unexpectedly, I let out a yawn.

"Aww, looks like someone's getting tired."

I averted my eyes. "Y-Yeah..."

We should probably get you back to the shop before it gets too dark." Julian suggested as he started packing up.

After, he scooped me up in his arms, basket in hand, and made his way through the forest. The fireflies had even lit up the path so we wouldn't get lost. Soon enough, we made it out of the forest.

I must've dozed off because I had woken up once we got back to the shop. I slipped out of Julian's arms and unlocked the door.

Julian let out a dramatic sigh. "Well, dear Y/n, I guess this is where we part ways." He frowned.

"Well, you can stay over if you'd like!"

"Asra wouldn't mind...?"

"He's off on one of his trips. So if you decide to leave then I'll be all alone.. All by myself... Until Asra returns that is..." I held my chest dramatically, pretending to weep.

"Okay okay, I'll stay!"

"Yay!" I hugged him.

After locking up shop we both wandered up to the bedroom. I lit a few candles, opened a window, letting the cool night air flow in along with the moonlight, and crawled onto the bed alongside Julian. He rolled over, facing me, and pulled me into his embrace.

After a while of cuddling in silence, I felt something soft and warm press against my neck.

"Julian...?"

"Shh... Just relax, love~" I felt his warm breath against my neck, as he spoke, which gave me goosebumps.

He pulled my waist closer to his and continued leaving soft kisses on the side of my neck. Eventually, he got on top of me, straddling my sides and started kissing my collar bone, trailing his kisses off to the other side of my neck.

I was a bit taken aback. I was usually the one on top of him, not the other way around. I didn't mind though.

"Mm, Julian.." I let out, once he found my soft spot.

"Yes, Y/n?~" He spoke softly.

I shuddered and bit my lip as I felt his warm breath hit my neck once again.

"Please, keep going..."

Julian obeyed my command and continued kissing and even nipped at my soft spot. I let out soft mewls and gripped into Julian's shirt.

Julian then pulled away from my neck, but before I could say anything, Julian's lips came crashing down on mine. I gasped, in shock, and as soon as he had the chance he darted his tongue into my mouth. I felt his warm tongue explore the inside of my mouth.

Eventually, I pulled away. We gazed, lustfully into each other's eyes, panting heavily from the heated kiss. Craving his lips once more, I grabbed a handful of his, curly auburn, locks in my hand and pulled his face down towards mine, kissing him passionately.

This time, we both pulled away gasping for air. Julian rested his head on my chest and laid on top of me as we both regained our steady breathing.

"Y/n...?" Julian looked up at me.

"Yes?"

"I love you." He smiled, caressing the side of my face.

I smiled back and nuzzled my cheek into his palm. "I love you more~"