Chapter 8: Spying

Blaze's POV:
3 Weeks Later:

Since Angel's training, me and her have been getting closer and closer as friends. Over the time of me hanging out with her, I've been curious as why Anya was over there every time I came by to see her. She always said Anya us just spending the night. She's been spending the night with her since I met her. I wanna ask why she was over there so much but I felt like it wasn't my business. Angel seemed to be good at helping her little sister. I've been to imagining her doing that in the future. I looked at her as she did her project for her class. I was doing the same thing. We may have different colleges but we had similar work. I helped her with math since I was good at it and she helped me with biology since she was good at it. Right now, she was working on a project on what a future city could look like. She was very focused on it. I think she forgot I was here. I stared at her for awhile but she never noticed.

As she worked, I looked up at a corner in the room. Derek's cameras were no longer recording but they were still a problem. I wanted to take them down and insert my own but Kacey said for me not to. She said that Keisha was gonna send a guy over to help her take them down. We had to do it without Angel noticing. Since she started her project, she's been distracted. So Kacey and the dude have been coming and going in and out of rooms. I watched him carefully as he eyed Angel a few times. He smiled at her once but she was too focused on her project. I scooted closer to her but she didn't notice. The dude left and shortly after, Kacey did too. I looked at Angel. She was so focused. I nudged her with my foot and she jumped. "Whoa. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." I said. "It's fine. Sorry I haven't been talking to you. I just really wanna finish this thing." She said. "I understand." I said. After some time, she completed it and I helped her turn it in. I carried it to her professor's classroom.

I looked at Angel. She was nervous about her grade for it. I mean she did a good job on her project. It looked like the best one out of her classmates. Her professor gave her an A because it looked so good and helped give an idea on how future cities could look. As she talked, I looked her up and down. Her body made my mouth water. Her curves stuck out. I bit my lip. "Blaze?" Angel called. "Hmm?" I answered. She stared at me. "Young man, I don't think I've seen you around here. Where are you from?" The professor asked. "Oh. I go to Redwood University." I said. "Redwood University? That's the college for highly intelligent students." He said. "Uh yeah. I guess." I said. "So what are you doing here then?" He asked. "Just helping out a close friend." I said, smiling at Angel. She smiled. "Oh. Well I hoped Ms. Starlight didn't have any help on this project, as it counts as three fourths of her grade." He said, eyeing her.

"Nope. It was all her." I said, putting my arm around her. "Oh. Well. Good job Angel." He said. I pulled Angel out the room and back to her dorm room. I wanted him far away from her. I didn't want any dude near her. I wanted her. Ask her out. What? No. If you don't, another dude will. Fine. "Hey Angel." I called. She looked at me. "What's up?" She asked. "Do you....maybe wanna...go out?" I asked. She stared at me. I can't do this. "I mean go out and get food. I'm hungry. Plus, I don't think you've had any blood since you became a UniHybrid." I said, quickly. I saw her face drop slightly. "Uh sure. I could eat. And as for the blood thing, no way. I'm not drinking blood." She said, grabbing her coat. "Oh come on. Vampires can't survive without blood. Your gonna become severely dehydrated from lack of blood." I said. "How does it taste?" She asked. "Awesome. It's like, once it's in your mouth, you can't get enough." I said. Just like I can't get enough of you.

"Okay. I guess I can try it. Are you sure there's no alternative for it?" She asked. "Well you can be force fed blood but the doctors and nurses do it roughly. It's better if you drink it yourself." I said. We walked out to my car and I drove off to Pizza Hut. As we drove, I glanced at my phone. I was expecting a text from Keisha. Me and her became friends. Also I became friends with her brother, Trey. He was protective over his sisters. He and Keisha found out about Angel being my mate. I made them swear not to say anything until I tell her. Everyone found out shortly after because Kacey told them. Keisha said that she was gonna have some folks follow Angel around for me because I couldn't do it. I told them about Derek having cameras in her dorm room. That's why Kacey and that guy were taking the cameras down for me. Kacey said she didn't want me setting up cameras anywhere in their room. I just wanted them in Angel's room. I have no interest in looking at Kacey.