iv

ryan stands alone, taking up space at the very back of the party where he wouldn't be noticed.

after meeting the prince, ryan has decided that he had to kill him before he grows onto him and somehow carves a way into her heart.

but it was already too late, for he had unlocked his heart with the key.

everything about brendon was appealing to ryan. the way he says his fake name makes his heart flutter (ryanne sounds similar to ryan). his facial structure, his bone structure, his jaw and nose is the perfect width. his brows are the perfect height, his cheekbones aren't too high nor are they too low. then there are his facial features, having these small things that make him unique. things like the gap in his brows and the thickness of his lips.his different eye colour, the length of his lashes and his clear skin. and then there's his body. he's got a thin figure and his skin tone is even and his arms have just the right amount of muscle definition.

god added a bit too much 'perfect' when creating brendon urie.

"so i see you've met the prince..", a familiar voice hisses beside her. ryan turns to look behind him and sees the same pair of icy blue eyes. instead of appearing in the same black cloak, she was now dressed up in a navy and black dress with a mask decored with three jewels at the top right corner.

the one who granted his dying wish now looked like a stranger, someone he doesn't know. "trust me ryan, you shouldn't be charmed by him. you're going to kill him, yes?"

the brunette nods, his eyes dart the floor. "yes. i know.", she mumbles.

"thrust the edge you hold and take away everything", she whispers with a devilish grin spreading across her face. "the prince is coming. you've got nearly an hour left before twelve strikes. the magic unravels at twelve. i wish you luck ryan, you're going to need it."

the young woman walks past him, heading straight for the crowd of dancers as she joins in and becomes one of them. ryan watches as she dances gracefully with a male who was dressed in pure white. the brunette wished that was him and prince brendon dancing.

"good evening lady ryanne.", brendon greets her as he gets onto a knee, planting a soft kiss on her hand. the action causes the 'female' to blush as she smiles widely.

"good evening prince brendon. i believe that we've already exchanged our greetings outside.", she says.

"yes but it's necessary to greet one when you see them.", he explains. "it's formal. a simple act of mankind."

"ah, i see."

in the castle, the guests get together once more for another dance, drawing smiles on their masks. the melodious and rich sound of waltz music travels the room.

the raven gazes at ryanne, noting of how she kept on staring at the clutter of joyous guests.

"would you like to dance?", brendon offers with a hand extended out.

"of course.", ryanne replies, reaching and gripping the male's hand.

the prince leads the brunette to the crowd of dancers, soon enough, they were in sync with the music and with the dancers. moving their shoulders smoothly, parallel with the floor, and striving to lengthen each step.

brendon would gaze upon her eyes, staring at the beauty in front of him.

"you have beautiful eyes.", he compliments, the brunette flushes red and her eyes dart the ground. she looks back up and smiles.

"thank you bren'. your eyes are just as beautiful and stunning."

he felt as if all eyes were on him as if he were the center of attention. even as someone with royal blood in their veins, he should be used to it. unfortunately, he was attracting too much. there were too many young maidens who wanted to dance with him, all of them wanted a chance with him. it was too nerve-wracking.

ryanne was having the time of her life, she noticed the prince's discomfort to the attention around them but she couldn't focus on that. conjuring up a plan on how to murder brendon was what she needed to do because if ryanne doesn't execute her plan, it'll be farewell to her own life.

they continue to move, moving step by step across the floor as space opens up by the other dancers.

ryanne spots the woman, her arms were wrapped around the same male's neck. she meets her glance, beaming him a wicked grin as she uses her hand to gesture a movement.

the motion of a gun firing bullets.

one by one, each pair backs out from the ballroom floor and watches in amazement at the prince dancing with the fair maiden in his arms.

he twirls ryanne, who tried to keep a smile on her face, then leads her out of the open space as the guests watch them move to the very back. the brunette realizes and frowns.

"is something wrong?", she whimpers, her eyes widen and she looks down. "it's me, isn't it?"

"no, it's not. don't be hard on yourself, it's just the guests.", brendon sighs as he holds the brunette's hand, embracing them in his. he looks into her glossy eyes. "they're bothering me.."

"if they're such a distraction, why don't we take this outside?", ryanne suggests with a grin.

"that's a good idea. i know just where to go.", brendon says, he releases his grip on her hands and looks up towards the stairs that led upstairs. ryanne glances up, mimicking his movement as she notices the stairwell as well. the two look back at each other.

with a fond look and a smile, he reaches his hand out as ryanne takes it once more.

vaguely the fingers beckon her to the stairs, she leaps them up, taking three steps at a time. they walk, hand-in-hand as he leads her down the hall.

the corridor was large and full of portraits of the past rulers from the kingdom. there were also old family portraits which slowly turned into framed photographs as they continue to walk.

"where exactly are we going?", she asks, clearing up the silence.

"outside - just like what you suggested.", brendon says in a teasing tone. "i mean, it's a surprise. no one is allowed in the area unless they're accompanied by someone from the royal family. no commoner has ever been inside this part of castle. it might as well take them days to make it to where we're going."

the raven looks around before sneaking his way down another hall. ryanne picks up her pace as brendon had let go of her hand. the brunette didn't like how the warmth had left her body.

"hey ry'! over here!", brendon whisper-shouts childishly as the brunette follows his voice.

ryanne blushes at the nickname, she shakes her head and makes her way to where he was. "y-yeah bren'?"

he points at the two large glass doors.