Kiss

I sat alone by a tree watching the leaves sway in in the wind. The war would commence soon.

I heard footsteps and looked to see neji coming towards me. I sighed as he sat by my side.

"the others are asking about you. How long do you plan on avoiding them?" neji asked.

I scoffed looking away from him.

"as long as i can, are you forgetting I'm a traitor, " i said.

He sighed taking my hand in his. My chest tightened uncomfortably as I tried to push my feelings aside. I pulled my hand away and stood up walking away. He sighed and followed me as I stood by a river. I watched the water flow.

"do you truly believe you're a traitor?" Neji said.

I glared at him and stood right in front of him. I placed my hand on the side of his neck and leaned by his ear.

"of course I'm a traitor. So watched yourself. Who knows I could still be against you, " I said.

My hand moved to wrap around his neck. He met my gaze without an ounce of fear.

"how long do you plan on using fear to protect yourself?" he questioned.

I was slightly taken aback by his words. I let go of his neck and kept looking into his eyes. Why do I still have these feelings? They'll only bring pain. It's a burden.

"so will you come to see the others?" he asked.

I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.

"i already told you, no, " I said.

"as stubborn as always, " he said.

I heard him walking away and I sighed in relief. I should have left when I had the chance. I swear this was more trouble than I needed.

But it was too soon to relax as I heard someone behind me. I turned to see it was Neji again. I went to speak but didn't have the option as he kicked my legs out from under me and picked me up bridal style. I glared at him but he completely ignored it.

"what are you doing?" I asked with annoyance.

"You may not want to see the others but you can't keep sleeping outside in the cold. So you'll stay at my place, " he said.

I sighed. How annoying. But maybe I should. I mean I'll need as much rest as I can get before the war to come. I looked at Neji as his eyes help an unwavering look.

"fine, it doesn't seem like I have a choice in the matter, " I mumbled.

After a while, we arrived at his home in the Hyuga compound. He set me down on a couch and I laid down on it. He walked away going to get something leaving me alone. I looked around. His house was pretty simple. Nothing much. Really well organized. I was hoping it would be a mess.

He walked back out holding something. He walked up to me and I went to look at what was in his hand but he didn't let me. I looked into his eyes and he grabbed my hand putting something on my wrist.

"i got you this ages ago. But you left the village before I could give it to you, " he said.

I looked at my wrist to see a sunflower bracelet on it.

I felt tears sting my eyes

I felt tears sting my eyes. He really hasn't given up on me yet.

"jerk. You're making it really hard for me to disregard my feelings for you, " I said.

He laughed and my heart warmed. I guess I didn't realise how much I missed him. I leaned up planting a kiss on his lips. I pulled away trying to suppress my blush. Neji looked slightly shocked before leaning down and kissing me.

I was scared because I knew this moment of peace wouldn't last long. But for tonight I'll enjoy the time I have left with him.