Three

(Emma's POV)

I had arrived at the resort Killian and I were going to be staying at for the next couple of days.

I walked up to the front desk, and explained how Killian had already checked in and I'd be staying with him.

Once they had figured out which room, they helped me with my bags had me follow them in the direction of the room.

Killian and I were staying in one of the suites, so I was excited to see what it had looked like, but I wasn't too excited to see him, because I knew he'd be upset.

The door had opened and I could see Killian in the distance. He was out the balcony, and somewhere in my mind I was hoping he wouldn't turn around, I didn't want to make eye contact, at least not right now.

But he did the opposite of what I wanted, as soon as the door had closed behind me Killian turned his head and we had made eye contact. It was a few seconds before he got up and started walking towards me. I could feel my heart start to beat, faster, and faster.

I knew this wasn't going to go well.

"Where have you been?" He questioned.

Here we go.

"I was with Ava, but I'm here now" I awkwardly smiled.

"It doesn't take this long to drop off our daughter at that woman's house!" His voice started to raise.

"I know it shouldn't have, but it did" I said. "I'm sorry" I apologized.

"Emma, tell me where you were and what you were doing!" At this point he was yelling.

"I was dropping off Ava" I said. "I promise I was" I reassured him.

"I don't even know why I married you" His face was all red.

I could feel tears start to fill my eyes, I just wanted to yell back, but I was too heartbroken for that.

-

I made it an early night for myself, I was in bed fully by 8:30. I didn't feel like speaking to Killian, or going anywhere with Killian. He invited me places after he had an hour or two to cool off from our argument.

but why would he want to go somewhere with someone he didn't want to marry?

I stared out the balcony doors as I laid in bed. His words of not wanting to marry me had continued to run through my head, and kept hurting more and more.

I picked up my phone that I hadn't looked at in hours. As soon as I turned on my phone there was a bunch of messages from Regina. I looked through all of them, and answered immediately.

Emma: I wish I could come back, I miss you, and it sucks here. I should've never left.

I sent the message and waited for a reply.

My phone went off, and my heart had got excited. Since it had known who the message was from.

Regina: Then come back, you're welcomed here. Please?

I wanted to go back, but I couldn't. Killian would hate me if I did.

Emma: I can't. I'm sorry.

Regina: Why? Just say Ava is sick and come home.

Emma: He would know that I was lying.

I heard the door open, and I realized it was Killian. If he ever knew I was texting Regina that would be another argument. And I wasn't completely in the mood for another one of those.

Emma: I have to go. I'll text you later.

"Hi love" Killian had smiled.

I was confused on why he was so happy now, a few hours ago he could barely stand me being in the same room as him.

I decided to stay quiet, there was no reason to speak to him because somehow it would turn into an argument.

"Love" Killian repeated.

I turned to fully face him.

"I'm sorry about earlier" He came to sit on the bed.

I know he's not sorry, it happens almost everyday, and then he comes and apologizes about it.

"I know you're not" I said.

"I promise that I am" He smiled, while wrapping his arm around me. "I love you"

He's drunk. That's the only reason why he's acting so kind right now.

I stared at him just waiting for him to say another word. And at that moment my phone had went off. I'm pretty sure it was from Regina.

Who else would be texting me?

"Who's that texting you?" He questioned.

"It's no one, probably work, don't know" I said.

"Let me see" he had reached over me to grab the phone.

Parts of me were hoping it wasn't Regina, but another part of me knew it was as Killian's face turned from happy to what looked like, now again, upset.

He looked back up at me, I could see the anger in his eyes. But, he wanted to start something that I didn't want to. I could see him going to say something but I cut him off.

"I'm tired, I'm going to go to sleep" I said pulling the phone out of his hand.

I had closed my eyes, and I could feel him getting onto his side of the bed.

I couldn't wait for this trip to be over, only four more day's until I could see Regina again, and be happy again.