Chapter 2

The next day, Harry couldn't wait to get to school because he decided that over the expanse of 1 day, Louis was his favorite person. Harry woke up a whole 30 minutes than normal because he was so ecstatic to color with his favorite Lou.

His mother laughed at Harry kept twitching with excitement as she tried to get his shoes on.

Before they left the house, Harry triple checked that his crayon box was in his backpack, containing the two colors the two boys used all day the day before.

Harry bounced up and down in his car seat on his way to school, his mind on the small blue eyed boy that seemed excited to draw grass.

Anne pulled up to the preschool and unbuckled Harry, her son only giving her a brief, sloppy kiss on the cheek and a "Bye Mummy! Love you!" before rushing off with his curly hair flopping in his face and his lunch box held tightly in his small hand.

"Good morning, Harry!",his teacher greeted him at the door of the classroom and Harry gave her a polite smile and a hello like his mother had taught him to do.

He scanned the room before his gaze fell on a small blue-eyed, sat in his seat and sucking on his thumb, clutching his stuffed animal with a death grip.

Harry scrambled to the cubby area to put his items away before rushing to the table where he and Louis sat.

"Hello! It's Harry! In case you forgot or something.... You're Louis..... I remember ." Harry looked down to the carpet and slid his right shoe back and forth nervously.

Louis giggled cutely before taking his thumb out of his mouth. "Hi Hawwy. I 'membered. You're this many," he held up 5 small fingers to show Harry how much he remembered him.

Harry breathed out a sigh of relief before climbing into his chair besides the small shy boy. His chair was only a couple inches between his and Louis' and Louis looked to the ground before jumping out of his seat to push his seat closer to Harry's.

Harry lifted his eyebrows at Louis and Louis just blushed hotly, putting his thumb in his mouth. Harry chuckles softly before speaking. "It's okay, Lou. We're friends now I think. Friends sit close."

Louis eyes widened. "Fwiends?" Harry nodded and Louis smiled happily. "Okay, Hawwy."

As the day went on they learned more numbers and shapes and colors and Harry loved to impress Louis with his knowledge of knowing how to count to 34 and remembering how to spell the color 'magenta' ....whatever that was.

When coloring time rolled around, they could hardly contain their excitement.

"Okay guys. Let's draw nicely and share colors okay?" And Harry almost rolled his eyes because the only people touching his crayons was himself and Lou.

Harry turned to a giddy Louis. "Do you wanna get my crayons, Lou? They are in my backpack." Louis' eyes lit up as he nodded eagerly.

He layed his stuffed bunny carefully on the table and jumped down from his seats before tottling over to the cubby area with his thumb stuck securely in his mouth.

He dug into Harry's big backpack before grinning as he grabbed a hold of the big crayon box and carrying it over to their table with both hands like he was carrying gold. To him it was. And Harry didn't care that there might have been spit on the crayon box now because Louis' delighted smile was just too satisfying.

Harry pulled open the crayon box and peared in, searching for the two most used crayons. He pulled out the blue first, the slightly worn down wax catching his eye. He pulled out the green next, setting it next to Louis.

"Gween?" Louis carefully lifted the crayon into his small hand.

"Yep. Is that okay? I can get another one?" Harry began to feel embarrassed. Why would Louis want to color with the same color as he did yesterday?

Louis shook his head rapidly. "No, Hawwy! I wove this color!"

Harry smiled, relieved. "Okay. And I'll color with blue again. The same blue as your eyes, remember?"

Louis blushed and began scribbling gently on the paper with his crayon. "I 'member."

Harry just bit his lip happily before scribbling on his side of the paper as well, catching sight of the words on the outside of the crayons.

The words were written on the bottom of the label, made up of 3 sentences on top of each other.

Harry couldn't read it yet. He would learn soon enough.

At the end of the day, their paper was filled with beautiful blue and green colors molding together in the middle of the paper.

Louis carefully placed his green into Harry's crayon box before smiling at their masterpiece. "Pwetty, Hawwy."

Harry nodded. "Yeah I like it, too. You wanna keep it?"

Louis chortled, surprised. "I get to keep it?"

"Sure, Lou. We're friends now. We can color more."

Louis grinned. "Okay, Hawwy. I'll keep it safe. Thank you. Bye bye."

He grabbed his things before skipping out the door to meet his mum.

He couldn't wait to show her the pretty picture and to tell her about his new friend.