2

CHAPTER 2
Prince of the Frost Kingdom

'Run'

It was all Taehyung can think of. He needs to get away from the kingdom. He needs to get away from his home. 

He went deeper into the forest. Running with all his strength. Even though he wanted so bad to go back and help his mother, he knew he can't because he promised. 

It was already dark and the thick leaves from the tall trees were blocking the moonlight making it hard for Taehyung to see his path. 

In times, he would stumble from large roots or bump into trees but that didn't stop him from running.

'I must pass the river of promises then I'll be safe' He said to himself.

It was as if bad luck was with his side when he stumbled into a large root making him fall from the forest floor. His ankle was badly injured making it hard for him to get up. 

"Shit!" He cursed when he touched his right ankle. It was swelling so bad since he tripped really hard.

He was now stuck in the middle of nowhere, injured. It was really a bad timing since he really needs to escape. The environment is really dark so he can't see a thing. He tried to grab the nearest tree and tried to stand up.

He tried a few more times until he heard a shuffling of leaves.

He stopped momentarily and observed. Everything was dark so he depended on his sense of hearing. The shuffling got closer and closer until it stopped.

Taehyung was scared. He is vulnerable since he's injured and it was really dark.

He opened his left hand and draw an ice sword. He held onto the sword tightly while his right hand acted as a support so he can stand. 

Again, he observed. It was strangely quiet. Until he felt something past by him. A cold wind. 

He looked left and right even though he saw nothing but darkness. He aimed his ice sword in front just in case some attacks him.

Then the he felt the wind brushed on his right. He immediately faced his right. He stood there nervously. When he felt the cold wind on his left he immediately draw his sword and surprisingly slashed something. 

The thing hissed in pain.

Then he felt something stab his right arm.

Taehyung yelled in pain as he stumbled on the floor. Dropping the sword in process as he aided his bloody arm. 

Then he heard the shuffling of leaves again but now it was closer than before. He was sure that the thing was standing in front of him as he felt a warm presence.

"We meet again, Ice Wielder." Said the voice.

It was the Vile he met days ago when he saved Jungrin. He forgot that one survived among the two.

"I am not gonna kill you. The Sovereign would kill me." Said the Vile.

"Get away from me!" Taehyung yelled as he tried to shuffle away from the man. The man did not let him get away so he stepped on Taehyung's injured ankle.

Taehyung screamed in pain.

"I admit, you are very pretty little prince. Too bad I can't have you." Added the Vile as he stepped on Taehyung's bloody arm which caused him to scream in pain again.

The Vile just laughed at Taehyung's misery. "Even though you're in pain, you're still very beautiful, little prince."

Taehyung continued screaming. He felt as if this is the end.

'I'm sorry mother. I have failed you. How am I suppose to save you when I can't even save myself?' Taehyung said to himself.

He was loosing all hope and was ready to give up when suddenly, he saw a light at the far end. He could not muster what the thing is or what it was causing since his eyes were blurred from tears.

All he knew is that the Vile who was standing in front of him was now a cold corpse. 

He shuffled away from the dead body. Not wanting to be touched by it.

He saw the light getting nearer and nearer. Taehyung didn't know if he should be afraid or relieved but nonetheless, he stayed.

When the flame got closer to him he saw a hand and a body. He looked up and saw a young man who he admit was really attractive. His eyebrows were furrowed as he looked into a badly injured Taehyung.

The boy knelt so he can be closer to Taehyung. They just looked into each other's eyes. Not saying a word.

After a few moments of intense staring, the young man picked Taehyung up. Taehyung held on to him as they walked away from the forest. A floating ball of fire served as their light. 

"W-where are you taking me?" Taehyung asked. Even though he was saved, he's still afraid.

The man didn't answer him.

Taehyung didn't know what was happening. For a moment he was running and almost dying and now he was with a complete stranger who picked him up bridal style. 

It was silent. The whole walk was silent. No one dared to even say anything. Taehyung refrained from looking at the man and just looked else where. 

His eyes shot up when he heard running water. They are nearing the river of Promises.

When they were near the river bank, the man dropped Taehyung softly on the grass and walked towards the river. He ripped off a piece of clothing from his shirt and dipped it onto the cold river water.

Taehyung was silently watching the man. His back facing Taehyung so he can't see his face. Taehyung was debating whether he'll run or stay with the man. But he chose to stay since he saved his life earlier. Also, he haven't thanked him yet.

The man stood up and walked back to Taehyung. He crouched so that he and Taehyung were on the same level. He first looked up to Taehyung before looking down to his arm where the Vile stabbed him with a dagger.

"This is gonna hurt but it's for the best." The man said. His raspy voice surprised Taehyung since it was the first time he hard him speak. Taehyung nodded and prepared himself for the pain.

The man then held onto the knife and slowly pulled the dagger. Taehyung screamed in pain.

When the dagger was finally out, the man immediately placed the damp cloth onto Taehyung's wound. He applied pressure so the bleeding will stop. He tied the cloth so that it was tightly sealed and won't we infected.

When the man was going to stand, he accidentally bumped into Taehyung's injured leg causing for Taehyung to yelp in pain.

The man crouched again and observed Taehyung's swelling ankle. 

"I tripped into one of the roots earlier." Taehyung said when the man was still observing his foot. The man did not respond and Taehyung felt embarrassed. 

The man then picked Taehyung up again, bridal style and proceeded to walk and cross the river.

"W-where are we going?" Taehyung asked as soon as they have crossed the river.

The man didn't respond and Taehyung felt embarrassed again so he lowered his head and avoided gazing the man.

The man who noticed Taehyung's action responded.

"Somewhere safe, Taehyung." 

This caused Taehyung to look back at the man. He didn't know why he knew his name when all his life, he was kept inside the palace.

The man knew that Taehyung was looking at him questioningly. 

"How did you know me?" Taehyung asked as he looked at the man. 

The man chuckled and Taehyung admitted that it was really sexy. 

"Who wouldn't know the prettiest prince of the Frost Kingdom?" The man replied then smirked at Taehyung.

[ END OF CHAPTER 2 ]

You all would've guess the man now lmao

Don't forget to vote and comment! :)