4

CHAPTER 4
Impostor

"Jungkook! You're back!" Jungkook heard a voice from afar. It was Jimin. 

Jimin hurriedly ran to Jungkook. He was shocked when he saw that Jungkook was carrying someone. Jimin stopped meters from Jungkook and stood there. Fear evident on his face.

"Who is that?" Jimin asked. He was scared of unknown people since he didn't want to make his past mistake again.

"J-jimin! Come help me!" Jungkook said as he tried to carry properly the unconscious Taehyung in his arms.

Hours ago, they had another stop to rest. Jungkook placed Taehyung down in a huge rock so he can get some fresh water in a nearby river. Taehyung just nodded and didn't look at Jungkook. It was like he was in his own world.

Jungkook wanted to ask him if he's alright but it looks like Taehyung isn't in the mood to talk so he left him alone as he went to the river.

When he got back, he was shocked to see Taehyung unconscious in the forest floor. His injured arm was bleeding badly since he looked like he fell from the rock he was sitting on. Jungkook ran to him and elevated his head. 

Jungkook caressed Taehyung's hair but was shocked again as he felt that Taehyung was burning hot. 

'The wound might have been infected that's why he's burning up.' Jungkook thought. 

He immediately placed the refilled water bottles to his small bag and proceeded to carry Taehyung. Instead of walking, Jungkook wasted no time and ran. Taehyung's life might be at risk. 

And now here he is hours later, tired and sweating from running and carrying Taehyung but that isn't his priority, his priority is Taehyung.

"Jimin!" Jungkook screamed as Jimin was still in shock. Jungkook placed Taehyung down on the ground. Taehyung was convulsing.

"Jimin!" Jungkook called again.

Jimin got out from his daze and ran to Jungkook. He knelt down so he can observed Taehyung. He touched his forehead and immediately flinched from the heat. He also saw that the boy was bleeding. He was pale.

"He's too hot that's why he's convulsing. Let's get him inside." Jimin said as he tried to pick up Taehyung. Jungkook assisted him since he was tired from all the running.

"What's happening? Who is that?" Namjoon asked as he saw Jimin and Jungkook rushing Taehyung into one of the guest rooms in the manor. Namjoon followed them.

"What's happening?" Namjoon questioned again as he rushed towards the unconscious boy. 

"Fever. He's convulsing." Jimin immediately said as he rushed to the drawers to get some towels. "He is also bleeding."

"Namjoon, go get some ice and call Jin." Jimin said as he hurried over to Taehyung.

Namjoon obliged and ran out of the room.

"He's still convulsing." Jimin muttered. Worry etched on his face. 

Jungkook just stood at one corner. Observing what was happening. He was worried for Taehyung. Even though they met just three days ago, they formed a type of relationship and seeing him in pain hurts him too.

"We need to remove his clothes." Jimin said as he unzipped Taehyung's bloody jacket. Taehyung was still shaking and Jimin was having a hard time since Taehyung larger than him.

"J-jungkook. Can you help me?" Jimin asked as he tried to remove Taehyung's left arm from the jacket.

Jungkook hesitantly walked near them. He was afraid. Not of Taehyung but what can happen to Taehyung. He didn't want to meddle with it and make the situation of latter worst.