3

CHAPTER 3
Blush

For 3 days, the man who happened to be named 'Jungkook' carried Taehyung. His ankle haven't completely healed yet since they have no proper medical supplies in the moment.

He thought of ways on escaping him but there was something that was keeping him from doing it. One of which is when he knew his name.

All his life, Taehyung was kept in the castle. He never got a chance to visit even the villages of his kingdom. No one knew his name nor his gender. The people who only knew his existence are the people who work in the castle.

The fact that he never saw Jungkook in his life and that he happen to know his name means that he is to be trusted. His parents only introduced him to the people they trust.

Jungkook and Taehyung passed numerous villages and forests and sometimes made stops during the night to rest.

It was a long journey and Taehyung felt like it wasn't going to end.

He and Jungkook haven't talked for days. The last time they did was when Taehyung asked for his name. They didn't bother continuing the conversation further.

He was surprised when Jungkook spoke to him today.

"We're near the camp. We'll past that mountain and we're there." Jungkook said as he pointed to a mountain not far from where they were at the moment.

They took a quick stop to a nearby stream so that they can gather clean water and rest especially Jungkook who carried Taehyung for days.

Taehyung wanted to talk to him and ask him questions. Questions that he wanted to seek answers for days. He knew it was the right moment since Jungkook started to conversation.

"J-jungkook." Taehyung called. Jungkook looked to him.

Taehyung took the silence as a cue to go on.

"Why were you there? In the forest I mean." Taehyung asked.

Upon asking, Jungkook looked away from him. Taehyung mentally slapped himself for asking a ridiculous question.

Silence engulfed them once again. Taehyung made a mental note to never ask nor talk to Jungkook again unless needed.

"I was there to visit my family." Jungkook said. He still didn't look at Taehyung.

Taehyung stopped in what he was doing. He was surprised that Jungkook replied to him.

"But when I saw the kingdom in ruins, I knew I lost them." Jungkook continued.

'He must be referring to the Flame Kingdom since he is a fire wielder.' Taehyung thought as he saw how Jungkook can make flaoting fire balls when they sometimes travel during the night.

"I'm sorry." It was all Taehyung could say. He lost his parents in a tragedy caused by the Viles.

Then his mind flew to Jungrin. The boy's parents were killed too.

When he saved Jungrin that day, he brought him to the castle. Taehyung couldn't forget how his mother was shocked upon seeing the royal prince. Taehyung then tells them on how he saw the boy and helped him.

His mother let Jungrin stay in their castle for days before he was sent away to a place somewhere much safer than theirs.

"It's okay. It isn't your fault." Jungkook said.

Taehyung kept his mouth shut and never asked questions again. He wouldn't want to remind Jungkook of his past. 

They both sat quietly near the stream. The birds chirping and the flow of the stream was making it less awkward for Taehyung. He tried to go near the stream to get a drink but his foot started hurting as he tried to take a step. The wound on his arm also made it difficult for him to stand. 

Jungkook immediately stood up and went to Taehyung.

"Hey hey. Take a seat, I'll go get you some water." Jungkook said as he helped Taehyung sat back down and went to fetch some fresh water. 

Jungkook handed him a small bottle filled with cold water and Taehyung did not hesitate to take it and drink.

"Thank you." Taehyung said as he finished the bottle.

"You're foot is still swelling." Jungkook said as he observed Taehyung's swelling ankle. Taehyung blushed as he saw how serious Jungkook was on checking his foot. 

"Thank goodness your arms stop bleeding but it still needs treatment." Junkook added who now looked at Taehyung's injured arm.

"Don't worry, when we get to the manor, you'll be fine."

"Manor?" Taehyung asked. For days, he didn't know where Jungkook would take him. He didn't bother to ask him.

"Yeah. It's where the others and I are residing at the moment." Jungkook replied as he stood up and grabbed the empty bottle Taehyung was holding.

"The others?" Taehyung asked. There are others like him? But what are they?

Then it hit him. He suddenly remembered what his mother said three days ago when she helped him escape. 

"You need to live, you still need to see them." 

"Run away from here and never look back. Once you cross the river of promises you are now safe. Look for the others. They'll help you." 

Jungkook is one of the people his mother was pertaining to. He is one of the 'Others'. 

"Yeah. There are a group of us. Just like you." Jungkook replied. He was now crouching near the stream grabbing some fresh water. Then he stood up and walked to Taehyung while closing the bottle cap.

"Just like me? What do you mean?" Taehyung asked. He was confused. All his life he was. Secrets were hidden from him and he has a lot of questions. One of which is why he was kept inside the castle for years.

"Targets." Jungkook replied.

Taehyung was more confused. Why is he a target when no one knew he even existed? He was also scared because he is a target. 

Jungkook saw that Prince Taehyung was scared and confused. He slightly smiled as he remembered how he used to look too before. Scared and confused. Then he crouched down and picked Taehyung up.

Taehyung yelped at the sudden action. His arms automatically clung unto Jungkook's neck and pulled him closer. Their faces were inches closer. 

Taehyung realized what he did and immediately removed his arms around Jungkook and looked away from him. He was blushing so hard that he felt his fave go warm. 

Jungkook was surprised too but tried to mask it. 

For days, he'd been observing Taehyung. In the manor, all he knew is that Taehyung is the prince of the Frost Kingdom. He saw his face in vague sketches since he's rarely outside the kingdom, that's why he's been able to recognize him. The others weren't sure if he is the one since it's only been months since they knew Taehyung's existence. His parents happened to be very secretive.

The others weren't even sure if it is right to take Taehyung with them since they though he was in good care but seeing him injured and defenseless in the forest, Jungkook knew he should take him and here they are three days later. Both are on their way to the manor.

The two were again silent on the way. Taehyung didn't bother to ask further about them being targets. The thought of the little accident they had earlier made him blush so hard and the weird sensation in his stomach is not helping either.

[ END OF CHAPTER 3 ]

Don't forget to vote and comment! I want to read your reactions :)