4: Grind Mode

Two Weeks Later...

After drafting, revising and finalizing a thirty page memorandum, Shanti was more than ready to leave the office of Womac Law Firm- the office she's been interning at for three months

After drafting, revising and finalizing a thirty page memorandum, Shanti was more than ready to leave the office of Womac Law Firm- the office she's been interning at for three months. As she was getting ready to graduate in the next school year from Dillard University, she applied for internships left and right and Womac was the only law firm that would accept an undergraduate. Not only did they accept her but they paid her too- something that she would be forever grateful for.

As she waited for Sherron to pick her up, she thought about the long day she had. It was a hassle to type with the neon orange stiletto nails and she realized she should've listened to Key when he low-key warned her in the first place. It took her four days to complete the memorandum- it would have been faster if her eighty dollar manicure didn't get in the way.

The deep bass that came from the car's sound system could be heard a block away and made Shanti roll her eyes as he approached her. She hopped in the red 2016 Mercedes-Benz G-Wagon with pitch black tints and 26 inch rims that was owned by Sherron.

"It took you long enough," Shanti yelled trying to be heard over the NBA Youngboy song that played fluent in his speakers. He didn't pay an attention to hear he just continued to rap along to the song.

Shanti quickly grabbed Sherron's iPhone 8 plus and took the Bluetooth off making him stop mid-bar

"You could walk," Sherron simply said snatching his phone out of her small hands.

"You could acknowledge me," Shanti replied, giving a pout and turning her body towards the passenger window.

"Aye," Sherron called lightly tapping her thigh.

"B-C-D-E-F-G," she continued the alphabet as her way of being petty earning a light chuckle from her older brother.

"Mane, you hungry? I ain't got no Snickers but I got money for Cajun Seafood." Shanti cracked a light smile hearing the name of her favorite restaurant.

"Maybe. Okay, since you're paying, I'm gonna order the whole menu." Sherron laughed at his sister's stubbornness while making his way to N. Claiborne Ave.