10: Foul

"Yeah, I'm free Tuesday. So I what about 2 o' clock?," Kendra said into the phone while letting her back kiss the wall. Bleu stopped mid-strut overhearing the conversation his girlfriend was having behind his back. When he heard the call end, he just leaned against the wall— knowing Kendra had to turn the corner in order to exit that area of the house.

Kendra jumped when she saw Bleu waiting for her around the corner. Bleu clenched his jaw at the sight of Kendra just staring at him with a blank face.

"Ahmad, why are you just standing here? You startled me," Kendra whined walking straight past Bleu and entering the kitchen

"Why are you making phone calls behind my back? The fuck you need to sneak for?," Bleu questioned following after her and grabbing her wrist.

"You fucking off on me? Tell me the truth," Bleu asked calmly making Kendra roll her eyes and yank her arm back.

Kendra scoffed before she answered, "No Ahmad, I'm not and for you to even accuse me of that is beyond trifling." Kendra didn't want to say anything else, instead she just wanted to prepare dinner for her daughter and her boyfriend before she went to work.

"Kendra, please just tell me something. What you hiding from me, huh?"

"If you must know, I was on the phone with a contractor."

Bleu's eyebrows furrowed in confusion before he questioned her again.

"For what? What do you need to speak to a contractor for?

Kendra shifted her weight to her right foot and placed her hand on the counter before answering. "My photography studio."

"Photog— What? Since when did you have that lined up?"

"Baby, I've been talking about this for years," Kendra whined, rinsing off vegetables.

"What about our restaurant and bar? That was something we agreed to, right?," Bleu stepped closer to Kendra who was cutting up different vegetables and seasonings to go in the steak and yellow rice dish she was preparing.

"That's something you, Markeyvious, and Sherron agreed to. I didn't agree to it, you just put me in the mix. Baby, I'm turning 26 in two months. I don't want my dreams to be on hold anymore," Kendra explained, stopping what she was doing.

Bleu sighed deeply leaning forward on the quartz countertop. "Why'd you have to go behind my back, though?"

"Because I'm tired of being told no," Kendra stated with her voice cracking with emotion.

Ever since Kendra became a mother to their daughter Sky'ah, her career had been delayed. She didn't go to college– instead she took care of their daughter while Bleu was out hitting licks with his cut buddies. She was a stay at home mom until about 4 years ago.

Throughout the years, she enrolled herself in community college and earned an AA in Fine Arts.

Bleu wrapped his arms around Kendra's torso, holding her tight as tears started to fall. Kendra exhaled deeply as her body relaxed in his arms.