Chapter 9: Come Together

I sat up in complete terror. Elisha was there to keep me calm. She hugged me so tight that I just fell into her arms and cried.

It was a while later when, a new doctor came in. She was in her 20's, had sky blue eyes and was very sweet to say the least.
" Hi, I'm Dr AJ Green( but you can call me AJ) and I'm going to be looking after you."
" Hey AJ. Your going to be sick of me by the time I'm either dead or been discharged."
" Nonsence! You are a sweet young women so, come with because we need to do some tests to see if your tumor is cancer or not."
"okay" I say, wishing I didn't have to be in a hospital bed, on a cliff hanger since I still didn't know if I had cancer.

I had some blood drawn and a MRI test which I had to be put so sleep for because they didn't want to risk me have a manic episode during the scan. When I woke up, I immediately sat up  and found AJ talking to Elisha. As both Elisha and AJ came into my side room, I layed back down and pretended I had just woken up.

"Hey Haley, glad to see you've woken up."
"Hey AJ. Yeah just woke up."
We were there in deafening silence. I looked over to Elisha to see her face was in despair. I finally coughed up some words on the line of,
"So, umm, how did my MRI scan go?"
AJ stared at me, her face had a weak smile upon it. I immediately knew that it was bad because the Dr AJ Green that I knew, always smiled.
"Your scan shows signs of cancer but, it's not a brain tumor. It's actually a tumor in your ear but since it was left for so long, it's spread up your brain stem and that's why you're have the seizures."

I was terrified at the thought of having cancer. I couldn't comprehend the information that just fell out of Green's mouth. The last thing I remembered was the world going black and screaming to Elisha that I loved her.

I opened my eyes to pitch black. A black I could only describe as death and it looked like there was no way out. But then, there was a sudden thud. I don't remember looking for the noise because next thing I here is,
"Haley, we have you know, there's no escaping this one now!"

I screamed so as loud as I could. I opened my eyes to find Elisha shaking me awake.
"You were screaming so loud. What happened?!"
"Billy and Hazel were trying to kill me! Please Elisha, I need help!" I said tears streaming down my face.
"Haley I will always be there for you no matter what! I don't care if you hurt me because your having an episode, as long as we stick together we will be fine!"
"Thank you so much!"

We sat there hugging then I pulled away and asked the question I've longed to ask Elisha, as soon as I met her. It was...