{3}The White-Haired Savior II

📚Chapter 3📚
The White-Haired
Savior II

      The ghoul's henchmen stood in shock and fright at what happened to their leader. "If you don't want
to end up like your leader over there, you better disappear in the next five seconds." He threatened, they made no delay to leave.
   Your sobbing alerted him that you hid under the stairway. He came and tapped your shoulder. "Get away!" You screamed, shooting your head up and shuffling back up to the wall.
"I apologize for frightening you, they're gone now. Let me carry you home." He said, holding out is hand for you to take.

    Reluctantly, you took his hand. He tugged you up and still held your hand as you and him began to walk.
You were about to look at the train tracks when he averted your eyes, "Don't look over there. I don't want you too see what happened to the man who took an overdose."
"O-okay."
      You and this strange man held hands tightly
as you walked through the packed streets of Tokyo. As you cut through the city and the streets got lonelier, your eyes were fighting to stay open and your feet dragged across the concrete. He noticed this and swept you off your feet.
      He looked at you and asked, "Where do you live?" 
"(Block number), (Apartment  room number)." You replied drowsily, falling slowly into a doze. Kaneki was confused, having heard these numbers before.
     He arrived at the said address, the secretary looked rather puzzled seeing you in the arms of a strange person.
"Is she okay?"
"Yeah, she had a rough day at work." He replied, walking over to the elevator and punching in the number to the highest floor.
      As Kaneki opened the door and was overwhelmed by a feeling of nostalgia, remembering that it was once his place. He rested you on the couch and picked up a picture of you, Hide and himself when you three graduated highschool.
"I've seen you've come back, (Name)."