{5}Ghoul

📚Chapter 5📚
Ghoul

      It's been weeks  after that night when Kaneki 'purposefully' kissed you, you never really talked so much since then.
He spends more time away than in the apartment, only when you need to go out he stays.
    Also, word about the notorious Eye Patch flies faster than prescriptions, discharges, admissions and patients.
"You know guys, I never knew that ghouls looked like us humans."
"I thought they looked like monsters!"
"So if they look like us, surely they walk amongst us! In the subway trains, at the ATM machines, at the coffee shops."
"Yeah so, they're maybe some of them in this very hospital, too! You could be a ghoul and I don't know, I could be a ghoul and you don't know.
(Name) could he a ghoul and we don't know."
     You looked at them rather offended, "Hey, I flawlessly walk past those RC scanners, everyday. And before you enter into the country, they either scan or demand for blood samples.."

📚📚📚

      It was late in the night, you've already arrived home and laying in your bed when you heard a little commotion coming from the living room.
You got up off your bed and shuffled all the way to the living room to see if he's alright.
"Kaneki..?" You called, there was no answer.
     You waited a little while and then continued walking more into the living room.
"Kaneki, are you awake?"
"Flesh.. Flesh.. I need.. Flesh.." He said, nearly out of breath.    
"What are you saying?" You pulled the coffee table aside to get to him.
     He arched his back as one arm clutched over his stomach, his other hand balled into a fist and hitting the ground as though he was in pain.
"Kaneki, are you hearing me?" You reached out your hand to touch his shoulder but then you were suddenly tackled to the ground.
    You opened your eyes and there he was atop of you, he pinned your hands and completely subdued you.
"K- Kaneki?"
"Finally, some tender, juicy, human flesh!" He said in a deep tone, his eye similar in color to the men at the subway. The white skies were filled with ash and smoke and the ocean was bloodstained.
    The shirt of your pajamas were torn off, exposing your bra and the upper part of your body.
"K- Kaneki?!" You struggled beneath him, hoping he would come to his senses and won't do anything else. His grip tightened around your wrists, his teeth inching to your neck for a bite.
You yelped and turned away as he inched closer to your neck.
     He snapped out of it, letting go of you and stepping away. He held his head in frustration,
"I'm too dangerous to be around you. I have to go."
"What? Kaneki.. What happened to you?" You folded your arms over your chest, getting up from the floor.
"I can't be around you anymore," He said, stumbling to the exit.
You ran after him and blocked the door, one arm over your chest and the other spread out.
     "What are you trying to say, you're too dangerous to be around me because you're a ghoul?"
"Yes."
"When did this happen? Was it the organ transplant? And, you have one eye that's red are you the Eye Patch as well?"
He slammed his fist against the wall, making it crack. "Move."
"Okay.. I'll move but.." You took a deep breath,
"You saved my life, and the least I can do is save yours, since I'm a nurse and all."  You moved your arm from your chest.
      His eyes widened as his Kakugan reactivated itself. He bit down into your shoulder, you caressed his head as he did so. Trying not to cry out in pain, you closed your eyes and bite your lip as you whimpered. He licked the blood that oozed out your shoulder then pulled away.
"I'm sorry."
"I- It's okay. I knew you since we were six, you'd never hurt me on purpose. And I'd still care about you, Kaneki Ken. Ghoul or Human." You hugged him as you began to cry.
     After his shock faded away, he grabbed you up into his arms and held you so close that you could feel his chest pound against yours and he smiled, with a single tear running down his face. Glad and grateful at the fact that you hadn't changed one bit.

"I'm scared. I've never fallen from quite this high, falling into your Ocean Eyes. Those Ocean Eyes."