ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ • ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

-ˋˏ *.·:·.⟐.·:·.* ˎˊ-

It was strange. Extremely strange that ALESSIO had called her during class, and then proceeded to spam her phone. Her boyfriend wasn't very vocal unless it was face to face. He hated texting, claiming it took way too long, and he would rather play his video games. Typical Alessio.

MATTIA had grown to adore it - she claimed it was one of his best perks and the one thing that made her fall for a guy like him.

Alessio had made an agreement with her. The corner diner by his neighborhood and he'd buy lunch and whatever they had to say would be said then and there. Mattia had a lot to say and it may or may not involve tears. To be decided.

When the door opened, the overwhelming stench of greasy food, body odor and the loud noises of the kitchen grill made Mattia so tempted to turn around and walk back to class. She was missing second period - goodness forbid her father found out.

"Anything I can get for you, dear?" the older lady smiled in her direction as Mattia stripped out of her leather jacket and took her spot on a booth.

"Black coffee, please." Mattia didn't show much emotion which was returned by a scowl on the lady's face, "Well, you're fucking welcome. Forget your tip, hag." Mattia whispered to herself.

She glanced down at her phone screen. Alessio had read her text message ten minutes ago. Okay, so he was on his way. For sure he was.

Her heart echoed in her ears as time passed on and every time the bell rang as everyone walked in, Mattia would look up and would hope to see Alessio, only to be disappointed.

"Thanks," Mattia mumbled to the waitress and kept her two bucks in her purse.

"I'm sorry.. I got caught up with nona at home. She wouldn't take her heart medication and-"

"I don't want to hear it," Mattia cut him half way and she immediately regretted it. Alessio was in his best leather jacket, a tightly fitted t-shirt and for once he was well shaven and he wore a new cologne, "What's this about?"

Alessio gave her a frustration look, "Are you serious, Mattia? We haven't spoken to each other in three days. Don't you think I deserve an explanation?"

Mattia snorted, "I'm sorry. You deserve an explanation? How about you start off with why you were back on talking terms with your ex-girlfriend. Huh?"

Alessio's shoulders fell and now he resembled a lost, and saddened boy. On any regular day, it'd break Mattia's tough front and make her fall to her knees. But now? Now she wanted all the answers. Was Alessio worth all the pain?

"I can explain," Alessio started and began to pull out his jacket, "Since when do you drink black coffee?" he added by pointing at her mug.

"Since I don't sleep thanks to my boyfriend. Since I've been working my ass off on top of that. Happy?"

"Mattia, don't do that," Alessio begged, "Okay, listen... Whatever you read, whatever you heard.. I know it looks bad. I know it may have seemed like I was cheating but I wasn't ready to speak to you about it. Not until I was sure-"

"Sure of what?!" Mattia slammed her hands down on the table and every mut there looked at her, "Sure of what, Alessio? Of your feelings? How ready you were to get back to her-"

"Get back to her?! Mattia what the fuck were you thinking? Do you think I'd go back to her when all I wanted to do was be with you? Mat, Gloria came to me scared of another pregnancy. You know she's had two kids with two different men?"