003. new from carrie white

SITTING UP IN HER ROOM, THE STONE ROSES DID LITTLE TO CALM CARSON'S NERVES. She could still vividly see and hear Carrie. How scared she sounded and the way she wouldn't stop crying. Thinking about it made her stomach hurt again. Carson felt as if she was going to throw up, just as she'd done on the side of the road on her way home.

Carson had been staring at her phone for a while. Contemplating calling the number Carrie had given her a month before, though she'd told Carson that she'd call her and practically begged for her to never call the number she'd been given.

Letting out a deep breathe, Carson picked up her phone and dialed the number. Listening as it rung she turned down her radio and began biting her already stubbed thumb nail. The phone ringed twice before someone picked up. The voice on the other line caused goosebumps to rise on Carson's arm.

When the women gave a breathy hello Carson felt the need to hang up. But against her better judgment she cleared her throat and prepared to speak. "Hi, is Carrie White there?"

When there was no response that's when she noticed it. There was screaming and banging in the background. Just as she was about to ask if everything was alright there was a loud noise and the phone went dead.

Pulling the phone away from her ear. Carson ran her finger over a crack close to her home button that hadn't been there before. Out of breathe and on the verge of crying, she sat on the floor, thankful for the wood cooling down her legs.

After a minutes of calming herself down, Carson heard her phone ding beside her.

New from Carrie White
Carrie White