004. broken glass

"CAR, IT WASNT YOUR FAULT." Pulling at the fake grass around her feet, Carson listened as her boyfriend continued to try and convince her that what happened to Carrie wasn't her fault. Christopher could tell she hadn't slept more than likely because of it, nor had he received his usual good morning call making sure he'd gotten out of bed on time. "Don't blame yourself for what those bitches did. Promise me you're not gonna beat yourself up."

When Carson didn't make a move to speak or give any sign that she wouldn't, Christopher let out a sigh and once again demanded she promise. This time receiving a head nod and kiss, before a whistle was blown signaling him to part ways with Carson and attempt to make it to class on time. Not before giving her an I love you and kiss on the forehead.

"You've a big week coming up. A big month actually. Probably the biggest month of your lives. Prom and then graduation. Are you excited? You probably all have your dresses. Have your dates by now. What about you, Chris? Who's the lucky guy?"

"Billy Nolan. You don't know him. He doesn't go to this school."

"Are you gonna get him a boutonnière? Or you just gonna pin a bloody tampon to his lapel?"

"I so don't need to hear this."

"You're not going anywhere. What about you, Sue? Are you and Tommy busy campaigning to be Prom King and Queen? I would have voted for you. Not now. You all did a shitty thing yesterday. A really shitty thing. And one of you had the audacity to post a video. Somebody made a video of it?"

Carson watched as every other girl seemed surprised by the fact that someone had made a video. She however couldn't take her eyes off of a guilty looking Chris— the only person who'd had a phone out.

"This is bullshit."

"That's it. Thanks to Miss Hargensen, you're all running suicides."

"I'm not doing it."

"That's up to you. That's up to all of you, but anyone who stops running is suspended. And if you're suspended, you're not going to prom. While you're running, I'd like for you to think long and hard about what it would be like to be Carrie White.

Carson Daniels, come here. Since you're the only one who seems to have common sense, you're free. Go to the library, get a snack, or you could record a video of your fellow classmates. Up to you."

Walking down the hallway Carson could hear people whispering and laughing. She'd switched her schedule around, giving up one of her free class periods to switch into P.E. for the sake of not letting what happened happen again. Looking over others heads she saw her. Carrie White in the flesh. Pushing through others in an attempt to reach Carrie, she watched as the girl walked into the bathroom.

Speed walking towards it, she got in just as the mirror in front of Carrie shattered into pieces. "Carrie!" Dropping her bag, Carson ran towards her then pulling her away in fear of glass cutting her. "Are you alright? What happened?"

Before Carrie could respond they both looked as Heather walked in and looked at them standing in front of the shattered mirror. Carrie quickly picked up her bag and left, Carson following close behind.