4

AN

Enjoy! Tell me what u guys think.

Rebekah was making a necklace while Henrik was playing with the carved horse that Niklaus gave him before. It was a glorious day, the sun shining, birds chirping and the wind is softly blowing, the flowers dancing through the wind. But despite the bright day, one heart was broken.

"....think brother?" Klaus suddenly heard Elijah's voice behind him, pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Forgive me, brother. What is the matter?" He asked. Elijah stared at him and sighed.

It's been a week since Niklaus has been distracted. Just a week ago his brother couldn't stop himself from smiling but now, he seemed distant and often staring far away. He also seemed lost in his own world, to make it worse Mikael seems to beat him even more because of his mistakes and distraction.

Their mother was getting worried, more so Rebekah. She found it unusual that he's being distant with them. He was never like this, despite their father's punishment. He always found a way to smile and be joyful.

But now, his face is always frowning and he seems like he has been sleeping less. What changed. Elijah sighed and walked away, he knew that this was not the right time to question his brother. His mind is not clear.

Klaus' heart was broken, he don't know what to do anymore. He thought she loves him, he was her first as was she. Did that meant little to nothing for her. His heart clenched painfully as he remembered what he saw few days ago.

Flashback.....

Klaus was ecstatic, he never felt more alive. He haven't told his family about her yet but he will, soon. He knew that she is the girl he is going to marry, he wanted many children with her.

Their own big happy family and a beautiful home that they will build together. He smiled at the thought, he just needs a ring and a proper proposal before he introduced her. He doesn't care what his father think, if needed he will run away with her. He will go wherever she will.

He made his way to her cottage, carrying a basket of red roses, Areaia loves red roses. He picked them earlier as he traveled to her home.

He saw the door to her cottage, he was about to knock when he saw a man through her window.

Who is he, Klaus thought.

He didn't think she had any siblings, she never mentioned any to him. He watch as Areaia grabbed the man's hand and led him to her fireplace, Klaus was nervous and curious.

He looked around to see if anyone else was outside but when he returned his eyes to Areaia and the man, his heart stopped. He could not move, he couldn't breathe properly. It is as if the air was so thick for him to breathe in.

The man kissed Areaia's cheek, leaning his forehead against hers as he wrapped his arms around her waist, her arms wrapped around his neck. His heart couldn't take it anymore when he saw Areaia gave him a beautiful smile. A smile that he thought, only he received.

Klaus couldn't take it anymore, he dropped the basket of red roses and ran.

End of flashback.....

Ever since that day, Klaus never returned to her cottage again. He didn't have the courage to face her and hear what she has to say because he fears that she never truly loved him. He couldn't bear it.

He sat on a tree branch, his back leaning and one of his leg hanging on the branch. His hand gripped the sun pendant that rested below his colar bone. His heart hurt, he don't know what to do to make it better, he knew that if he go to her, he might see something he wouldn't like. He leaned his head back and closed his eyes, if only the pain in his heart would stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mireya stared at Klaus as he sat on the branch, it has been a week since he visited her. She knew that he would see her and him but it was needed.

It's only a matter of time when he can't bear it anymore and returned to her, she will allow everything to fall apart now. She came this far to give up.

She smirked, it's not like he will keep avoiding her. He is crazy about her, even she knew that. She stared at him one last time before disappearing.

When she got back in her cottage, she saw him sitting in the living room, facing the fireplace with a book in his hand.

"Πώς είναι αυτός?" He asked not bothering to look at her.

"Τι νομίζετε" She said smirking, pouring herself a cup of tea before sitting next to him.

Men are the same, they don't change no matter what realm or species they came from. She would know, she lived long enough to know that the only difference men has from each other, are their size, color, length, and performance.

Other than that, you'll find yourself in a plastic bottle. Empty and full of air. This is why she doesn't do love, love is not a weakness. No, love is the most powerful thing in the world. As much as it sucks, love really did conquer all. I mean look at Helen of Troy.

All it takes was a pretty face and men crumble to their knees. Love gives you power and with love becomes surrender, never will she give anyone or anything to over power her or rule over her, no.

That's the reason why she ran away from Adwëidcha, he wanted her power. He was fooling himself into thinking that he wants her because he loves her, no. He wants her because she is powerful and he sees that as a threat.

But he knew to himself that he could never get rid if her, so he will keep her. She will be one of his most priceless possession.

Lucifer will become an angel of God once again before that happens.