A War Never Meant to Wage

For hundreds of years, kingdoms have been at odds. It is in the nature of being alive, do you not agree? There have always been feuds between people, but perhaps the most prolific example is the Fairy Kingdoms of Ny'aul and Farthian.

These two kingdoms have been in an intense rivalry, ever since the extinction of dragons, which was indeed a very long time ago. It all began when the Fairy Queen of Ny'aul and the Pixie King of Farthian met at the border of the two kingdoms as children, both of their names being lost to history and legend. They were immediately entranced by one another. The Pixie King was amazed by the Queen's wings of pure crystal, and the way it caught the light of the sun and moon. The Queen was equally fixated with the unique, swirling designs of the Pixie King's giant wings.

This was long before either were crowned King, and Queen of their respective lands. Once the King became of age to take his father's place at 18, the Queen had been of age to rule her land for 2 years, as the coming of age for a Fairy is different from that of a Pixie. The two still met everyday at the border, but never crossing, as the darkness of the Pixie kingdom would ruin the young Queen's wings. Pixie's wings were much stronger than that of the Fairy's, so the Fairies enchanted their lands to keep the kingdom much more airy and bright, and only small breezes as not to risk breaking a wing, for their is no cure for torn wings.

But one day, the Queen disregarded the danger and crossed the line into the realm of the Pixie's with her friend. She flew hand and hand with the King, happiness the only thing they could feel. But happiness can be blinding and all-consuming. So got up in their joy, they didn't notice the effect the harsh winds had on the crystal wings of the Fairy Queen. They began to crack and chip, and eventually tore. The Queen's wings were in shambles, and she couldn't fly, and she fell to the ground,the Pixie King mortified.

He flew to the snow covered ground, coming to the aid of his Fairy friend, but it was too late. The Queen was gone, blood covering the snowy white ground in crimson patches. The King gripped his friend tightly, sobbing into her hair as her glazed over eyes stared at him, but did not see him. Hours later the Pixie knights found him, the Queen still clutched in his arms.

Once the Kingdom of Ny'aul heard word of the Queen's death, and how she was in the arms of the Pixie King, they blamed the royal for the death of their beloved Queen. The King tried to explain, but it was too late. They refused to listen to his plea's and over time grew to hate the kingdom of Farthian. The Farthians at first attempted to appease the Ny'aulains, but it was to no avail, and they grew to hate each other as well. Nothing could bridge the gap between these two, despite the attempts at peace by the Kingdoms of Gael and Numbah.