Mini Epilogue: Halloween

I was fortuitously commissioned to draw the cop and robber Halloween costumes mentioned in the last chapter of the fanfic, so I took the opportunity to write a short epilogue that Maerynn and I originally wanted to write once we had finished the main story.

----------------

-------

----------------

"Kind of nostalgic, isn't it, Chaton?" Marinette remarked, a corner of her mouth quirking upwards as she idly watched Adrien's bodyguard drive away; he had dropped them off across the street from the Grand Paris Hotel for Chloe Bourgeois' annual Halloween party. They moved behind a nearby tree so they wouldn't block any potential foot traffic, and to add the finishing touches to their costumes.

Adrien chuckled, folding up the sleeves of his striped shirt. "I didn't think we'd be getting handcuffed to each other so soon after 'The Manon Incident'."

"It's only been about a month," she replied, shrugging. "I'm sure our muscle memory is fresh enough to be able to navigate through Chloe's party for a couple of hours."

Marinette produced a pair of toy handcuffs from one of her pockets. She closed one of the manacles around her wrist, then handed Adrien the other.

"Anyway, this was your idea, Mr. Criminal," she quipped.

"Well, I certainly couldn't pass up the opportunity to hook up with you again, Buginette," he teased, adjusting his manacle. "Besides," he lilted flirtatiously and winked at her, "You're definitely the most gorgeous police officer I've ever seen. I should let you arrest me more often."

Marinette rolled her eyes, scoffing playfully. "You incorrigible scoundrel," she mock-reprimanded him, placing her hand on her hip and lightly poking him in the chest with her handcuffed one. "I should send Ladybug and Chat Noir after you for your numerous violations of the Paris Excessive Puns Law."

Adrien swooned dramatically, lifting his free hand to his forehead. "Please have mercy on me, My Lady-Cop! I promise I'll paws and reflect upon my misdeeds!"

Marinette groaned theatrically, scrunching her face into an exaggerated frown, then held her up hands in front of her mouth, holding an imaginary megaphone. "Stop in the name of the law! You're under arrest for repeated offenses against the city of Paris and your girlfriend's sanity!" she declared with a gruff voice.

Adrien responded by grabbing her hands and bringing them to his lips. "So, I drive you crazy, huh? What a coincidence." He kissed her hands gently, trying to hide a shameless smirk behind them. He uttered in a low voice, "I've been crazy about you for years, so now we're even."

Marinette looked up at him, a sudden heat creeping up her face. His half-lidded eyes were full of adoration and promise; his lips were soft and warm and inviting. Adrien was both hot and cold; playful one moment and serious the next, and yet it was so... him. So sincere, compassionate, sensitive, and romantic; and yet dynamic, dorky, mischievous, and just fun. She loved that about him; he was a beautiful paradox.

She hummed thoughtfully, taking a step towards him. "Maybe I can make it up to you," she teased back, ignoring the loud thumping in her chest.

"I'd like nothing more," he replied with a smile, leaning in even further, so close that he could smell her cherry lip gloss.

She closed the remaining distance, standing up on her toes and wrapping her free arm around his neck. With a small sigh of approval, Adrien wrapped both his arms around her waist, holding her handcuffed arm behind her with their fingers interlocked. She ran her other hand through his hair and deepened the kiss, sighing contentedly. Their kisses were now familiar and comfortable, and yet they still felt new. Refreshing. Invigorating. They couldn't get enough of each other, needing each other like the very air they breathed.

They may have stayed that way for a few seconds, or it may have been minutes; neither of them could tell. Their lips brushed once more as they pulled away, panting slightly, arms still around each other.

Marinette finally lowered herself to the ground and shyly tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She giggled, "As much as I'd love to continue loitering in a public place and make out, we should really go inside. It's starting to get a little chilly out here."

Adrien let out a small, timid laugh, rubbing the back of his neck. "Good idea. If the real Roger-cop sees us, he'll pitch a fit."

He took her hand, lacing their fingers together, and couldn't help but gaze at her for a few moments. So much had changed in Adrien's life just within the past month, he could scarcely believe it. Not in his wildest dreams could he have imagined the happiness he felt now that Marinette was a permanent fixture in his life. He could never pass up the chance to let her know he loved her, even if their days were busy or if they had to be apart; he made it a point to make her feel appreciated and adored with both small and grand gestures.

He leaned forward and gave his beautiful partner one last chaste peck on the lips, and was rewarded with a brilliant smile and a blush that slightly darkened her adorable freckles.

Hand in hand, the couple stepped out from behind the tree and crossed the street, then entered Le Grand Paris Hotel wearing matching lovesick grins.

Five seconds later, Chloe's booming voice could be heard above the multitude, "ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!"

----------------

-------

----------------

As always, thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed our story  :)

(BTW, if you feel like reading more of my writing you can also check out my current ongoing fanfic, "Discordant Sonata")