The Boy Who Looked to the Moon

One day, I was having fun with my friends in a cliff. We laugh, we make jokes, we do things together. It was a very long day for us. Suddenly I fell off to the cliff. Im safe, but I got stucked into the sea. Ironically, I dont feel troubled cause I know my friends will save me. I didnt tried to get out of the sea, Im confident they will get their clothes wet too soon. Half hour has passed the night is already here. The darkness embraces me. Before I noticed it, the friends who I walk with started to go home on their own. I stayed for much as long as I can,hoping that they will come back for me. But started to feel lonely. Tears escaped from my eyes when I think how bad my situation. It seems I cant do anything without a help. Im completely helpless. Its like my feet are anchored underwater. Tried calling my friends seeking for help from em' , they say "youre alright." "Youre fine.", but they dont know. I'm so tired sitting here waiting for someone who cares enough to look for me if im alright, if im fine.

I was all alone in the dark. Slowly drowning. I had no one. Until the cloud that covers it fades. The bright full moon lights up the dark sky. The light hit my face. It feels like it wiped my tears. It light up the way home. The moon light saved me. Through it, i saw the things that tangles up my feet. Through it, I got out of the water. Through the moon light that shines so bright, I got back on my feet. I learned to love the moon. Everyone left me, but it did not. When I had no one I just look up on it, and I dont feel alone.

But things will not always stay as they are. I know sooner, the moon will leave me too. Its not like it wants to leave me, but she has to. The bright full moon will eventually be the one who will drown. And I cant do anything to help. Its so close, yet so far, my hands cant reach it.
All I could do is to stay where its light caught me to make it not feel lonely. The feeling of  being helpless is so bad, but the feeling of not being able to help the one you wanted to help the most, is even worse. I thought it will be better if I join the moon as it sink to the sea. I thought its not that bad if I die for the moon. But im such an idiot for thinking like that. Its natural for the moon to sink in the sea. But its not okai for a man to die for the moon who he met in that night. I chuckled when I realized what I just did. But that does not change a thing. It does not change the fact that I will lose her soon. Im happy that I chose to stay.

I stayed up all night just looking at it. Im so sleepy but I want to stay awake. "hey", a voice suddenly came out of nowhere. "heey", it repeats. I dont know where it came from. "up here", i look up and saw a woman. Shes so beautiful. Her eyes caught me at first glance. She smiled, then asked me "why are you still here?" a small pause "  I already helped you is it not enough?" . I got strucked, " I, i wanted to help you too,i dont want to leave you". She smiled. "Aww im flattered." "to be honest, im sad that you thought dying for me is a nice thing. How about your family? Your friends? Your love ones? Your dream? Giving things up just because of me.. Im not even a human." I looked down and apologize. " I trusted you. I thought after I help you, you will be better. You might hate this but it must be done. I know youre a nice person. You are special. I appreciate your affection. But im afraid you must not see me again. If im going to be the reason a family will be ruined, I'd rather not let you see me." I started crying ,but this time I know its my fault. I know I made a mistake. I broke someone's trust. I continue looking down watching my tears fall to the ground. I wanted to say sorry but I know its not a help it will only satisfy my guilt. "its alright you will be fine, im glad I got to meet you, Kyle." I smiled a little and wiped my tears. " You better not show up to me anymore or else I will hate you", I said. She chuckled, " Sure". When I look up she is gone. The moon is gone too... Due to fatigue I fell asleep.

When I woke up, im already in my bed. I smiled, "so its just a dream". I will never see her again nor the moon, but I will always remember her".  I sit on my bed and my feet looked for my slippers. I grabbed my walking cane and get ready for breakfast.