p r o l o u g e

"Darling, just listen to me

"Darling, just listen to me."

Piercing eyes coldly stared into mine, making my nerves sky rocket. His look seeped into my body, reading every thought in my brain. I could tell he was trying to speak calmly, not wanting to cause a scene in the restaurant.

Desperately trying to avoid eye contact, I fiddled with my fork. I could still feel his eyes on me. Throat dry, I gulped trying not to let my nerves get the best of me.

He's dangerous.

"(Y/N)..."

Pretending like I couldn't hear him would no longer work. Looking up, his gaze met mine. Eyes that used to be filled with love now pierced into me like a bullet, blasting every piece of me into smithereens like the mirror of stigma I was.

Not a word came out of my mouth.

"I want to make this work, but I can't do it on my own."

The sound of my heavy breathing pounded my ears. It was like his voice was shut out and all I could hear was my heartbeat.

"Taehyung, I can't."

I quickly placed the napkin that was on my lap back on the table. Walking as fast as I could in heels I exited the building. Slumping down on the side of the building, I felt the tears welding up in my eyes.

Pellets of rain were beating down on my head. I couldn't tell if it was the rain running down my face or tears. There were no streetlights or cars, just me sitting alone in the dark.

Until I wasn't.

"Please just get up."

A hand out in front of me reached towards mine. It was Taehyung. Frantically forcing myself up, I backed up slowly.

"Taehyung I know it's been four years but I-"

"You know what?! Fine! Fuck it, honestly."

He spat out, looking at me with those piercing eyes. I trembled walking back even more as he slowly followed me.

"Go ahead and fucking cry! I protected you did I not? Go cry like I'm the horrible person when I saved you. I risked my fucking life for you, AND THIS IS THE THANKS I GET?!"

Chills went down my spine. His presence that often made me feel nirvana made me terrified. My jaw clenched as I balled my hand into a fist. The tears were still flowing.

"Kim Taehyung, you know what you did..."

I looked down at the floor, as it was my only choice. I couldn't look at him. This was not the man I knew. Nothing like him.

"And you know it was for the best."

"Taehyung why won't you understand that it wasn't for the best at all! He was the only family I had left and y-"

"HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THAT I WAS PROTECTING YOU? YOU WANTED THIS! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU TORE US APART! YOU'RE CHOOSING TO BE SCARED OF ME! YOU'RE CHOOSING TO LOOK AT ME LIKE IM A MONSTER."

"How DARE you say that I tore us apart when you are the one that pushed me away! You aren't Taehyung anymore! YOU ARE A MONSTER!"

A moment of silence before he threw his head back, laughing. Looking back down at me he pressed his tongue to the side of his cheek in annoyance. It was evident that his patience was even more lost than it already was.

"So you're telling me I'm not the man who stuck by your side for four years? I didn't protect you and love you at all?"

His words stabbed me with the intention of letting me bleed out. I couldn't move, as if I was frozen in place. His hand gripped my wrist tightly.

"I love you."

He blankly stared at me. I could tell something was completely off.

I won't fall for your trap.

"We are done Kim Taehyung. You fucked up everything!"

I pulled my wrist away as I saw the cataclysmic look in his eyes.

"(Y/N) I saved you!"

I stopped as I was walking away from him. My head snapped over my shoulder to look at him. I felt cold. Looking at him didn't make me have butterflies anymore. He made my stomach turn, the words love and hate clashing together.

"You didn't save me, Tae. Y-You know what you did!"

"I did nothing but FUCKING PROTECT YOU!"

"YOU COULD HAVE DONE SOMETHING ELSE! WE COULD HAVE RAN AWAY TOGETHER WE COULD HAVE BEEN HAPPY! NOW WE'RE LIKE THIS."

"YOU KNOW THERE WAS NO CHOICE!"

"You killed him."