"I got this for you

"I got this for you. I've been saving up my money."

Taehyung pulled out a flat grey box, handing it to me. The box was rectangular, a white ribbon wrapped around it like a Christmas gift. It was nice to know someone thought of me.

Inside there was a little golden chain with a diamond in the center. Although it was small, it was absolutely beautiful.

"Taehyung you didn't have to! It's beautiful..."

I flashed him a smile, looking into his hypnotizing brown eyes. He returned the gesture. A saccharine smile spread across his cheeks as he held his hand out.

"Here, let me put it on for you."

I slightly turned myself, lifting my hair up. The fragile chain wrapped around my neck. I turned back around to face him.

"Thank you, Tae. I love you."

He cupped my face, pressing his soft lips against mine. It never failed to give me butterflies. Our lips moved in sync for what felt like forever, even though it was only for a few seconds.

"I love you too, Darling."

The metal on the park bench was hot. Sounds of the little river making small waves calmed me. I rested my head on Taehyung's shoulder, he lightly rested his head on top of mine.

"Do you remember the first time we hung out and sat on this bench?"

"Yeah."

I laughed lightly as my mind replayed a familiar scene of Taehyung and I, laughing away on the bench by the water. That was back when we were just friends. I've always liked him.

"This is where I realized I was in love with you. Not the first time we hung out. But after a while there was this one day where you were just talking away and I felt so nervous all I could do was look at you."

Those words brought a smile to my face. Snaking my hand into his, we intertwined fingers. His hands were always so soft.

"I had no clue back then. Haha, the night I fell in love with you is when I ran away and you let me stay at your house. Even though the cops came the next day, that was one of the best nights of my life."

Taehyung laughed as he lifted his head off of mine. I lifted my head up as well, looking over at him.

"It's seven o'clock. Does your father want you home early?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry. But hey, I can come spend the night tomorrow since it's the weekend."

A gentle smile cascaded across his features before he pulls out his keys to unlock the car.
____________

Once we arrived at my house, Taehyung gave me a kiss before I got out, as usual. I walked up to my porch, quietly opening the door.

"You're six minutes late."