XIII

Don's POV
"Is there anything we can do" I asked my lawyer. He sighed, "not much, unless we move forward with the rape case. And even that may be a stretch" he says. I sigh and shake my head. "I don't want nothing to do with that. And I'm tired of talking about it" I said. Nicki grabs my hand and squeezes. "Its ok baby, we will find another way" she said. I nodded and we left the lawyers office.

We get into the car and drive off. "You hungry? Wait.. I know you hungry. What you want" I asked.  "Seafood" she said excitedly. I drove to her favorite spot. We park and walk in then are seated by the hostess. "So what are we going to do about Zo" she asked. "My lawyer said that legally we have to give her back. I am 'technically' not her parent since Im not on the birth certificate" I said. "But can't we do a DNA test to prove that you are her father" she asked. "I still have no legal rights to her. We have to give her back" I say getting choked up.

"Hi can I take your order" I hear a familiar voice say. I turned and looked in her direction. I almost stopped breathing. It was my ex that I once loved but broke my heart. "Don, I thought that was you. How are you" she asked. "I've been good. You" I asked. "You know, just working" she said then giggled. Nicki pretended to clear her throat. "Oh, this is my lady Nicki" I said.

Nicki's POV
"Hi I'm his fiancé" I said making sure to flash my ring as I pulled my hair out of my face. She smiled and said "nice to meet you". She took our order and left.

"Who is that" I say with a slight attitude. I could tell he knew her personally by the way he looked at her. I admit it, I'm jealous. "She's just an old girlfriend" he said and took a sip of his drink. My eyebrows raised. "Girlfriend" I asked. "Yea, we dated before I met you" he said. I rolled my eyes and changed the subject.

A couple days later...
"So I'm trying to figure out who this girl is. Ever since he ran into her. He been acting funny" I said to Ari. "funny how" she asked. I shrugged. "I don't know. Its just different" I said then sighed.

Bzz. Bzz. I looked at my phone and opened the message.

 I looked at my phone and opened the message

I rolled my eyes and sighed. "Elias, stop hitting your sister" I slightly yelled.

Don's POV
"Ay bro, you'll never guess who I saw not too long ago" I said to Kev. "Who" he asked. "Aaliyah" I said. He looked at me and his mouth dropped. "Bro are you serious" he asked. I nodded. "Yea, she work at this restaurant me and Nick went to" I said. "How you feel" he asked. I sighed. "I don't know man. It's like all them damn feelings came back up" I said. "you used to really be in love with shorty" he joked. "Man shut up" I said with a chuckle.

I pulled out my phone and opened my IG.