Chapter 10

"Killer we have to find him right now!" Dream said

"Why he needs his alone tim-"

"Of you care about your kingdom you'll help me!" Dream yelled fear soaking his voice "just trust me on this if we don't find him then your kingdom could be in danger"

"Ok Dream I understand I'll help.... oh and Cross you're helping too" Cross had calmed down when Killer looked back at him.

"I was planning on that anyway" Cross got up and walked to the door the other two followed.
---------------------

"It's not my fault I was scared!" Nightmare yelled as he hugged his legs tight to his chest. He had teleported to the place where him and Cross first officially met. The flower patch in the woods he was in the middle again crying this time.

He hated him for what he had done and the more he thought about it the more he changed. Not mentally but fiscally changed. A black goo started to form on his bare bones he didn't notice till it worsened and it hurt. He knew this was going to happen but he did nothing to prevent it.

He had made the only person he cares deeply about sad so in return he would end his own suffering by letting the darkness consume him. He didn't care anymore.
------------

Killer and Dream went to check the town for Nightmare. While Cross went to find him along the trading roads.

Once in the town Dream and Killer split up Killer checking the richer part and Dream the not so rich part since there was not many people living in poverty in this kingdom.

Cross started asking around to see if someone had seen him but no one had. He kept looking. Even though he felt as if he had failed Nightmare as if he was only going to make it worse.

"Excuse me?" Cross said as he can upon an elderly woman

"yes your highness?" She said smiling

"Have you seen a small skeleton wearing purple. Looking kinds sad?" Cross asked worry smothering his voice

"No I'm sorry" she said

"It's fine thanks for the help" Cross walked of turning down a somewhat familiar path that led of the bigger one.

He followed the for a good while before he gave up and just sat down. There was no telling how far the path went but he recognized it a little.

He shrugged it off and continued to rest.
--------------------

Nightmare had fully changed he no longer looked like the Nightmare that Cross and Killer were familiar with. Instead of purple clothes he was covered in black goop his eyes were no longer purple they were bark teal and only one was visible. He had four long tentacle like things coming for his back.

He had gone through so much pain as this dark version of himself took over. He hated this form but it was part of himself so he had to except it.

He laid down as the goop turned the once beautiful flowers black. He looked up with his one eye light and sighed. If anyone saw him like this they are sure to kill him.

His soul began to sting because he was thinking about Cross. He was thinking about his brother his family everyone he cares about. He began to cry again even louder then before.
----------------------------------

Cross heard weeping further down the path. Being the curious put he is he got up and ran to the source of the sobbing.

What he saw was worry some. There was the flower patch him and Nightmare met in. But the middle of it the flowers were black and the glow from the setting sun reflected off of them as a teal. And in the middle was a black slimy blob.

It was the source not the crying. The voice sounded familiar. He wanted to believe it was Nightmare, but he didn't look like that. Cross approached the blob and spoke "hello?"

The blob stiffened. Then moved Cross could now tell it was indeed a monster. It resembled a skeleton.

"..." it stayed silent and sat up.

Looking it straight in the eye Cross sat down outside of the black gooey circle the monster in. "Are you alright?" Cross asked tilting his head

It sighed and then moved a tentacle causing Cross to look at its back. It had four tentacles coming out of its back. "Just go away..." it mumbled under it's breath

"Why do you sound familiar?" Cross asked tilting his head again. Cross examined the monster closer when it hit him. "Nightmare?" The monster stiffened and looked away. Cross eyes widened and he threw himself at Night. "NIGHT! IT IS YOU!!!! I'M SO SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO GET MAD AND YELL!!!" Cross hugged him

"Why would you look for me I'm not worth it?" Nightmare cried some more

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Cross was crying too "please I didn't mean it."

Nightmare hugged him back "it's my fault"

Cross let him go and Night did the same. They stared at each other. "Will you forgive me?" Cross asked

Nightmare sighed "I forgive you but will..... Will you fort me..... Because I have done something unforgivable"

"I forgi-"

"CROSS BACK AWAY FROM HIM!!!!" Cross and Nightmare looked at were the voice was. There stood Dream and Killer "NIGHTMARE LEAVE HIM ALONE!"

"Dream he's fine just upset" Cross said

"CROSS JUST LISTEN TO ME AND BACK AWAY FROM HIM!" Cross shook his head. "Cross you have to listen it's not safe around him when he's like that he cou-" A black tentacle hit Dream sending him crashing into a tree

"Shut up!" Nightmare yelled

Cross looked at him "why did yo-?" Cross was sent fly towards a tree to but he summoned a knife put in into the ground and stopped himself before he could.

"SHUT UP!!" Nightmare yelled holding his head as his tentacles began to lash out on their own. "Shut up. Shut up. Shut up!" 

Cross looked at Killer who was helping Dream then he looked back at Nightmare "NIGHTY CALM DOWN ITS OK!" He yelled a tentacle came crashing towards him he dodged it.

/////////
Whoops