CHAPTER FIVE

OhmygodohmygodohmygoditstheoldlittleguywhoIhelpedawhileagonowhe'sbeheadedohmygodohmygod-

A stifled laugh.

"You scared?" That one sentence alone was enough to snap myself out of it. I blinked, shock gone.

My palms were still clammy, so I shoved the groceries to him.

My body automatically bent down to take a closer look, my hands picking it up afterwards.

Pinching the skin-tone material between my fingers, I watched as it bounced back slightly, made out of plasticy material. It's features were so lifelike, it was unbelievable.

Closing my eyes, I blinked rapidly.

God, I was so scared, luckily it was just a mask.

"How..." I trailed off as I stared at him questioningly.

...Did he look like a grandpa?

Did he eat like one?

Did he sound like one?

Was he a special effects artist? Or a member of the FBI?

He kept that act up so well, I couldn't imagine myself pulling that off.

"Fake skin, prosthetics, makeup, an accent, non-verbal cues. Once you master those, you can never go wrong with any getup."

Every second I spend with him, he somehow became more mysterious each time.

Just who was this guy I was dealing with, and why did he still meet with me?

"You weren't lying about disguises the last time, huh."

"...Yeah," he mutters, walking towards me. He plucked the mask out of my grip and turned away, hands still full with groceries, motioning towards me to follow him.

"Come." I realized that must've followed me from my university to the diner, which would explain his sudden appearance today. I didn't know whether to be all calm or creeped out.

"Do I have something I need to know about? Like, for example, something to do with following me all the way to here?"

I didn't mean to sound sarcastic, it was a legitimate question.

"Less talking, more walking. All you need to know is that you need to help me do something."

Demanding ass.

We arrived in front of a public restroom, still shrouded from prying eyes, I noticed.

"You. Change." He thrusted the suitcase to me.

I opened the clasps and peered inside. Women's clothes.

"What exactly did you need me to help you with now?" I asked impatiently, tapping my foot. He tsked, pushing me inside the stall.

"We don't have much time here until someone sees us. You better and shut up and get a move on or I will leave you here."

"Well excuse me, what if I leave you here? It is my time you're borrowing, after all." Sarcasm dripped heavily from my words.

I refused to let myself be utterly compliant.

He stared at me long and hard with his piercing emerald eyes, mouth thinning into a straight line. I found myself lost in those orbs again, in a trance until he snapped me out of it.