VI

I walked into my apartment, turning the light on and stumbling into my bedroom. I threw my keys somewhere into the distance and fell onto my bed.

I was dozing off into sleep, still in my uniform, until the lights in my bedroom started flickering on and off.

I turned my head to see Younghyun standing in the doorway of my bedroom, already changed out of his uniform. "So are you gonna tell me what was up with all those people at the cafe?"

"Can I sleep first?" I covered my face with a pillow.

Younghyun came to where I was lying down in bed and ripped the pillow off my face. "No. Talk."

"Ugh, fine." I sat up and groaned. "The chick with the high ponytail is from my communications class. She's one of those loud, annoying, teacher's pet kinda people. And I don't really know her friend or whatever."

"Why do you not like her? Like the way you looked at her today made it seem like you've been like, childhood rivals or something." Younghyun sat down on the bed with me.

"She's just- I don't know. I just don't like the kinda person she seems to be." I lied back down in my bed.

"And the guy? He's been at the cafe before, right?"

I sat back up. "He was the guy whose name you spelled wrong."

"I spell people's names wrong all the time. It's not a big deal." Younghyun made a face, questioning his actions.

"But wait, how do you know him?" He looked at me, still confused.

"I- I also have him for my communications class."

"Oh." Younghyun said. "Okay."

"Yeah," I said. The environment became slightly awkward. "He's my partner for our first project, so he was supposed to come by to talk about it but he came really late so..."

"Hm. Well," Younghyun sounded tired. "Get some rest. We worked a lot today, and now we have the whole weekend to ourselves." Younghyun put my blanket over me and turned off my light. "I'll see you tomorrow, Y/N."

"Night, Younghyun."

Pssh, like I'm actually going to sleep.

I grabbed my phone, and lied down in my bed, surrounded by my blanket, with the little light in my screen being the only source of light in the room.

I scrolled through Instagram and Twitter, sometimes getting bored and watching a YouTube video.

And somehow I woke up with my phone buzzing on my face.

"What the heck?" It was still dark outside. I grabbed my phone off my face, revealing a number I didn't have saved calling me.

"Who the hell is calling me right now?" I pressed the green button on my screen and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" My voice croaked.

"Y/N? Are you busy?" A voice spoke quickly on the other end.

"What the f- Jae?"

"Are you busy?"

"Yeah, busy SLEEPING, dude. It's like two in the morning."

"Oh," he went silent for a moment. "Is it really?"

"Yes Jae, it's dark out, and if you look at the little numbers at the top of your phone, it'll tell you the time."

"Oh," He was quiet again. "Well, I'm sorry for calling you this late, or early, however you see it. I just wanted to ask you about the project since I just finished what I had to do for today-"

"Jae?"

"Yeah?"

"No offense, I'd love to hear everything you have to say, but can we do it in the morning?" I sighed out.

"I mean, I guess. I'll call you in the morning then?" He asked, without a hint of exhaustion.

"I'm not busy tomorrow. We can meet up somewhere to start the project if you want." I rubbed my hand against my face to try and stay awake and finish the conversation.

"I can go to your place if you want-"

"NO," I sat up in my bed. "I mean, no, you don't have to." I said, realizing the connotation of what I originally said.

"Why don't we just go to the cafe instead?" I suggested, trying to throw attention away from my previous reaction.

"Uh, okay. What time do you wanna meet up then?" Jae said over the phone.

"I can do like, eleven, or noon if you want."

"Let's do noon." Jae affirmed.

"Okay. Then I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yeah, tomorrow."

I let out a sigh. "Alright, um, goodnight then Jae."

"Goodnight Y/N." Jae said quickly and hung up.

I looked at my phone. It was practically dead. At least now I can put it to charge before it's morning.

I grabbed my charger and plugged my phone in, the screen getting a little bit brighter.

Damn. Now I'm gonna have trouble going back to sleep.

But what the hell is Jae doing calling this late at night? Does he not have a decent sleeping schedule?

I have many questions, but do I want to ask them? It seems just a slightly bit intrusive. I don't even know him that well. We're only working on this project together.

I mean, maybe we might become friends like Younghyun and I did.

Ugh. I don't know. I don't want to think about this anymore. The project isn't even due for another three weeks.

I just want some sleep.
__________________________
A/N: one of my stories deserves to have an update :(
like I said, slow updates, bear with me :((
ch. 7 soon!