Chapter 21

By the time we got to Blacks land I could barely keep my eyes open. How do you sleep in an uncomfortable jeep for 4 hours straight. Black was still sleeping. I turned off the car and the hum of the engine died. Irritated with Black since he got to sleep the whole way, I opened my door and slammed it closed as hard as I could.

Black jumped 2 feet in his seat and hit his head on the ceiling. He grunted rubbing his head.

"Welcome back Sleeping Beauty." I said as I glared at him. He ignored me still rubbing his head. My energy was drained from my body and I wanted to collapse. I opened the back of the Jeep and got out my heavy bags.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes. I could feel the bags around my eyes.

"You look terrible." Black said as he came around to back to get his stuff.

"Thanks." I spat at him rolling my eyes.

I pulled my bags slowly my arms and legs feeling like jello and opened the tall doors of the pack house. The door was elegant hand crafted wood with ancient wolf stories carved into it. It was miraculous.

It was until I saw the inside. It was elegant, the walls a deep red and black. The furniture each costing a fortune. A spiral staircase looped up high to at least 14 stories.

"I told you that you would like it here." Black said.

"What floor is your room?" I said avoiding his comment.

"You mean our room.The top one.". He said great 14 stories where I can barley make 1. I started to go up the stairs.

"Here let me take those." He said trying to take my bags.

"No." I said.

"Um yes." he said snatching for them. I stared at him in the eyes.

"If you try to take my shit one more time I will cut off your hands." I said. And turned back to climb up the stairs. He obviously got the memo because he didn't try to take them.

As we climbed the stairs Black got a few bows as we ran into people. I almost tripped several times and he would always snicker knowing what I just did.

We finally got to the top of the 14 floor. Black went to black door and opened it. The walls were navy blue and the bed had a black comforter and white pillows. I just dropped my stuff to the floor and laid on the floor.

Black towered over me. "You do know there is a perfectly good bed over there." He said.

"No I like it down here better it doesn't smell." I said getting comfortable. The bed was really tempting because the whole room smelt deeply of him.

"Alright whatever you say." he said kicking my bags over.

"Asshole." I mumbled.

"I heard that" he said. Grabbing a white towel and closing the bathroom door.