Juniper

Noise. Louder than any other noises I could remember. All in such a short span of time. If only I could see past the darkness. Then I felt the vibrations of someone or something ponding against something. A barrier above me shook. What is going on?

Something ripped off my face and I immediately took in a shaky breath. A hand gripped my shoulder and I flinched at the touch. Who was that?

“Hey, it’s okay. I’m not going to hurt you, you can open your eyes.” A soft feminine voice spoke to me. Eyes..? I stayed silent, how was she able to talk and yet I wasn’t able to communicate? She touched my skin of my face and lifted my eyelid. Immediately light flooded my vision and the darkness withdrew. I shrieked and jumped up to a sitting position. Everything was so bright. I squinted at her, I could make out the blurry features, just barely. She had a toffee brown complexion and long cinnamon colored hair that was seemed to bounce whenever she moved her head. Her persian blue eyes popped out the most when I looked at her.

As my eyes finally got adjusted I saw my surroundings. We were in a circular room that was the color of pearly white. Pods were lined up to the wall and strange gadgets and mechanics were hooked up to the pods. I touched the ledge of my pod. I looked down and saw my hand. I moved it and the fingers moved downwards and upwards. So interesting.

“Hey, are you okay?” The girl asked once again, I glanced over at her. She moved her lips to speak. Maybe I could do that?

I moved my lips, trying to ask her where I was but no sound came out. Her blue eyes widened.

“Your eyes are so…” She trailed off, studying me keenly. “Nevermind, can you speak?” I frowned, thinking. I have spoken before. It’s there in my head, if I could just remember..

“...Y-yes..” I managed to croak out, my throat stung a little after forcing out that word. She nodded and offered her hand, “C’mon, we have to get out of here.”

I curiously placed my hand on hers and she helped me out of my pod. My legs wobbled a little when I tried to stand but they soon grew comfortable, as if it was used to it.

That’s when I noticed two other people in the room, opening the pods as well. One had vibrant orange hair and dark shamrock green eyes. They had a fair skin tone and they wore a green shirt and jeans. He was pretty tall.

I glanced over at the other one. He had untamed chocolate brown hair that stuck up at places. He had a tan complexion and bright golden amber eyes. He also wore a shirt but it was really damaged. I noticed a green leaf wrapped around his left arm. The boy stood patiently at the door and occasionally looking over at me and the girl. He held a silver dagger in his hand, a shiver ran through my body when I observed it.

A hand slipped onto my shoulder and I jumped. It was the girl again, she had concern masked on her face. “Do you know your own name?”

I looked away and down at my shoes. I noticed a logo on them, Juniper. Maybe that’s my name..

“Juniper.” I managed to say and lifted my head to see the girl’s face. She smiled gently. “I’m Breeze.”

A clash of metal caught my attention and I turned my head, trying to see where the source of the sound came from. That’s when I saw the golden eyed boy and a man covered in full armor in a fighting stance. Another man with armor had tied up a tall woman as she struggled to fight back.

The boy stepped backwards, holding up the dagger in case he had to defend himself. A throbbing sensation begun to develop in my head. I bit my lip.

“What..going on..?” I asked with difficulty. The headache was starting to make everything so blurry and spinning. Breeze thrusted her hand outwards and it knocked the armored man backward. The other man blinked in a little surprised but lunged forward and pressed a red button. Red lights flashed and alarms blared.