chapter two

SIGNED TO THE STREETS

"i made it on my own, they said i'd be in jail or dead

"i made it on my own, they said i'd be in jail or dead. I've seen my brothers fall over and over again. Don't stand too close to me, I got PTSD.'

- Juice Wrld

PTSD

||EAST HARLEM, NY||

Mikhail sat on the stoop of a abandoned townhouse on 1st Ave, digging into his hot Cheetos bag every now and then. It was rush hour so Archie had Mikhail making drops for him before he went to school. Mikhail only sold marijuana for his father—for now. An African American man that looked to be about twenty-two approached Mikhail with a twenty dollar bill between his thumb and index finger, "I need a dub." His deep voice spoke aloud. Mikhail gave him a nod then dug around in his chip bag to retrieve a twenty dollar bag for his customer. He grabbed the bill as he looked around checking his surroundings then handed him the sack, "Good lookin." He said before walking away.

As Mikhail casually looked down the street he noticed a girl walking in his direction. He smirked realizing who she was as she inched closer and closer to him, "Wassup lil boy." Iyanna greeted him as she came and took a seat next to him on the stoop.

Truth be told iyanna had a thing for lil Mikhail, it was too obvious. Every time she came around him she was always picking and flirting with him, but Mikhail didn't mind. He had a lil thing for iyanna too. But if you wanted me to be completely honest—Mikhail just wanted to fuck. He wasn't worried about these bitches out here, he was focused on his money and school.

Iyanna was a high school graduate that stuck around the hood for the wrong reasons. She was only nineteen years old but was usually mistaken as a fifteen year old due to her small, petite body. She graduated from the same high school that Mikhail attended to with all her credits, she was one of those smart ghetto girls, always in trouble but stayed on her shit. Iyanna got into fights from time to time but since her grades were incredibly high she was spared by the school principal who always reminded her that 'she had a bright future ahead of her and she shouldn't let a petty fight get in the way of her work' before being sent about her way. Her big smile was so innocent but in reality Iyanna was sneaky and mischievous.

"Lil boy? Fuck outta hea'." He replied with a grin waving her off.  She giggle before shoving his shoulder, "Shut up I'm just playin'. Whatchu' you doin'?"

"Makin' money." He told her, "You goin' to school?" She asked curiously.

"Yeah."

"Mhm. Gimmie some." She told him before reaching for his chip bag. He snatched the bag away from her making her catch a attitude, "Get back." Mikhail said. She smacked her teeth and rolled her eyes,"You stingy."