Chapter 2

ZACHARIAH POV

I walked away from Faith and went towards my Math class, I hated Math with a passion and the teacher hated me. As soon as I entered the class, Miss Drew sneered at me and gave me a detention slip for after school. Dammit.

Luckily after Math, I had English which I enjoyed and double PE after. I didn't exactly participate in any school sports but I loved boxing.

During PE, I somehow managed to hit the school's Mr Popular, James Brown on the head with a volleyball spike.

Lucky for me I didn't have any other classes with any of the popular kids apart from Drama.

After PE, I was heading towards the Cafeteria to grab a quick bite since it was lunch already when I bumped into someone. I looked down and realized it was Faith, I noticed the tears streaming down her face as she rushed past me and ran down the hallway. I watched her leave then walked into the cafeteria, only to see the "Populars" laughing, it didn't take me long to realize they were laughing at Faith.

I walked to the counter and got myself a soda and sandwich and left quietly.

FAITH POV

I looked up and saw that I had bumped into Zachariah, I rushed past her and ran to the toilets which is where I stayed till the end of school.

After school I went to my locker and got my things then walked quickly to the detention room. Just before entering the room, I texted my mum to let her know that I was gonna stay late to complete an assignment, if she knew I got detention she would be angry for sure.

I walked into the room and handed my slip to Mr Jones and headed towards a desk in the middle of the classroom and pulled out a book, completely forgetting my surroundings.

I didn't notice how fast the time past and suddenly there was a sharp tap on my desk, I looked up to see Mr Jones staring at me.

"Detentions over, so get out." he said impatiently.

I nodded and quickly got up and stumbled out of the class with my bag hanging lamely on my shoulder. I noticed everyone had left and I groaned loudly because it was raining heavily and I had to walk home. Don't get me wrong, I love the rain but right now it wasn't cheering me up.

Suddenly a black Jeep pulled up right in front of me and the window on the passenger side rolled down, revealing Zachariah.

"Get in, I'll drop you.", she said.

I nodded slowly because I really had no other option, plus it was five in the evening and it was getting dark fast.

I climbed into the spacious vehicle and looked around admiring the leather and the light minty scent.

"If you're done ogling my ride, then can I have your address?" muttered Zachariah.

"O..oh. Sorry" I stuttered stupidly.

I told her my address and she started driving, it was quite in the car because I had no idea what to say to her, so I looked out the window and watched the houses go past. The car slowed down and stopped right in front of my house.

"Thanks for the ride.", I whispered.

"It's okay." Zachariah replied.

"Uh, thanks again for this morning.", I said shyly.

"Faith you really should stand up to Ashley. She's a bitch.", Zachariah blurted out and unlocked the car.

I nodded and jumped out of the high vehicle with my bag and walked into my house, Zachariah sped off right after.

ZACHARIAH POV

After lunch I had Drama class. I walked into the classroom and saw the Populars in one corner and the other student just sitting around lazily, and the teacher was no where to be seen.

I went to the back of the classroom and popped in my earphones listening to So Sick by Neyo, I loved his songs.

Ashley laughed and I looked up at her, she saw me looking and sneered at me. Stupid bitch, I thought. Even though Ashley was a total slut and a huge bully, she was still quite talented.

After the rest of my classes, I walked to my locker and got my books and the things I needed for assignments.
Just because I'm quiet doesn't mean I'm dumb, I was aiming for Valedictorian this year.

I walked into the detention room and gave my detention slip to a scowling Mr Jones and once again walked tor he corner of the room to listen to music. At five'o'clock, I stood up and walked out quietly with my head down.

Once again it was raining, I ran to my Jeep, unlocked it quickly and jumped in. I threw my bag in the back seat and slowly reversed out of the parking space. I looked to the right and saw Faith standing there and since it was raining I decided to give her a lift. I drove up to her and rolled the window down.

"Get in, I'll drop you.", I said and she looked surprised but after a few seconds she nodded and climbed in, she immediately started admiring the interior of my ride.

"If you're done ogling the interiors, then can you please give me your address.", I mumbled impatiently.

"Oh sorry.", she stuttered nervously and gave me her address which I quickly enter into the GPS System. It was really quite in the car but soon we approached Faith's house and stopped in front of it.

"Thanks for the ride." she said.

"It's okay.", I replied quietly.

"Uh, thanks again for this morning.", she said lowly.

"You should really stand up to Ashley. She's a bitch.", I said that much and unlocked the car for her.

She nodded and got off the car and walked quietly in to her house, leaving me alone to think why I cared about her, I sped off and decided to go to the gym for a quick round.