Chapter 3

FAITH POV

After Zachariah dropped me, I walked into the house and I could smell my mum cooking in the kitchen.

She was a nurse by profession but her passion was cooking.

"Hey mum, what's cooking?", I said while grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge.

"Hey hun, I'm making spaghetti. I'm gonna be out late so please eat dinner and don't wait up for me okay?", mum said lazily.

"Okay. I'm going to my room, so see you in the morning ma.", I kissed my mum's forehead and walked up the stairs to my room.

Once I got to my room, I shut the door and walked to the full length mirror beside my closet and stood in front of it. I looked at myself and sighed. I wasn't fair or slim or girly like the other popular girls in my school, instead  I was tan, and fat and lame with the dressing style of a total loser. My mum always told me I was beautiful but that's just because she didn't want to hurt me.

Today had been stressful but I'm thankful that Zachariah helped me out. I wonder why she did though?  Maybe she just felt sorry for me.

Whatever. I need sleep.

ZACHARIAH POV

Left, right, kick.
Left, right, kick.

The same old pattern repeating in my head as I let loose on the worn out punching bag.

After dropping off Faith, I drove straight to the gym to clear off mind. I had no idea why I helped her today. I never care when kids in school get bullied by the popular crew but something about Faith was different.  Why am I even thinking about her till now?

I stepped away from the bag and sat on the bench beside it, sweat dripping from my face and body to the floor. I wiped my face and stood up to leave when my phone rang. The name flashing on the screen was the last person I expected to call me, I sat back down on the bench and sighed before answering.