Chapter 1

There can be no failure to a man who has not lost his courage, his character, his self-respect, or his self-confidence. He is still a King. - Orison Swett Marden

John's POV

Finally, I've arrived at Wellston. A new kingdom,  full of new opportunities. Bye New Boston! I'll remember NOT to miss you!

I ride my horse into a nearby barn close to my new house and pay the barn-keeper. I guess I should start exploring my new home. I leave the barn and take a good look at the tiny town. 

The township itself looks worn. With its murky wooden rooftops, stone veneer walls and a lot of high-level low-tiers beating up the weak, the town has a dull atmosphere.
The main attraction is the bakery, which was built 11 years ago and serves the best chocolate cake for hundreds of miles. Rumor is, the Queen herself occasionally comes to town for its chocolaty goodness. 

I notice a man with blonde hair wearing a torn, ripped up shirt near an ally way screaming for help. I look over and I see a guy with grey hair, despite being about his age punching the blonde. 

"Stop! Please!" I heard him beg. In this world, people with higher class and power stood on top. I moved to a village where most people have weak powers and are kinda poor. Thanks to society, commoners think it's okay to hurt peasants that are weaker than you. 

Stupid guy. I could get rid of him in an instant! I start walking towards the alley, ready to say the blonde. Wait, I can't use my powers! People might recognize me as the heir of Wellston and former king of New Boston. I can't let that happen! 

I watch the grey haired guy beat the Blonde more. Screw it! I can beat this guy without powers! I run over and push the grey guy over. "Keep your hands to yourself." I tell him. The blonde guy looks surprised that someone actually bothered to help him. 

The grey guy chuckled and stood up. "Trying to play hero huh? You're pretty ballsy." He chides. "But, you should really learn your place!" Grey guy tries to punch me but I block it with ease. I quickly punch him back and yell, "Back off!" 

Suddenly, he activates his power. His purple eyes start to glow, and his skin turns rock solid. "You'll pay for that!" he shouts. Yikes! What the hell do I do against that! 

"Haven't you learned? The world doesn't have sympathy for weakling peasants like you." he chides at me. "Keep this up and you get killed." Was that a threat? Behind me, the blonde haired guy turns invisible and runs. Before I could pay any attention to that, stone guy comes behind me and slams his fist into my arm. I grasp my arm in pain and contemplate the situation. He's pretty fast and his skin is as hard as a rock.

Oh! I get it! He has a flashy power up! It's just a self-enhancement of himself. "That was only a taste of what I can do! If you beg me, I might let you leave this alley in one piece if you beg me!"

Are you kidding me! That ability isn't even that good! You're just gloating because you finally found someone weaker than you! I couldn't help but chuckle at his foolishness. 

"What the hell are laughing at?" Stone boy asks me. I laugh some more. "You of course! Beg? That's a pretty big demand! Usually, people have the strength to back up threats!" I say as I back up towards a dumpster. "You really think you're in the position to hurt people because you can run a little faster? Hit a little harder? In your dreams!"

"Shut up!" He shouts and runs towards me ready to wham his fist into my face. Little did he know, I wanted him to do that. I duck and grab his arm. Then I hoist him over me into the dumpster. I quickly shut the lid and lock it. Stone boy tries to yell but the dump muffles his screams. 

Man. I can't believe that worked. 

I peer at my arm and sure enough, it's broken. I guess I'll have to meet the village doctor. Hopefully, he's nice! 

A/N: Hi, I'm Chastie! I know that this chapter sounds like the original comic, but don't worry. The next chapters will be different. Anyway, thanks for reading!