Chapter 6

I actually don't want a throne at all, because I don't view myself as a queen; I view myself as one of my fans. - Lady Gaga

Elaine's POV

"You better have a good explanation this time Seraphina!" I yell. Seraphina looks like she was caught trying to rob a bank. Perhaps she was! I have no idea anymore!

"I was worried sick about you! The Agwin royals are coming over tonight! You can't be late! Don't you know how this could affect your reputation? To my surprise, Seraphina rolls her eyes. I've never seen her act in such a way in a drastic situation. 

"I'm here now aren't I?" Seraphina says. "I'll just throw on a dress and go downstairs." How could she act this way? This was very unlike her. 

Then I notice her outfit.

"HOLY COW! SERAPHINA!" I shout. Is she wearing... a skirt? What will Arlo say when he sees this monstrosity. "What are you wearing!?" I ask. 

"I was planning on spending quite some time in the village so I thought I could wear more comfortable clothes." Seraphina says as if this no big deal. She goes behind her curtain and changes. "What if someone took a picture of you?! This will be all over the capital's newspaper!" I say while trying not to have a panic attack. 

"Why were you in the village for so long? You were supposed to get some cake, and get out!" I ask. Seraphina rolls her eyes again and comes out of the curtain wearing a magenta gown. Then she walks to the door and flashes me a rebellious smile. 

"I met someone."

She leaves the room with a dramatic flare. What did she just say?! And why did she say it like that!? Should I tell King Arlo?

Time skip to the banquet

"King Broven, it's a pleasure to see you again after all this time." Arlo says. Arlo and Seraphina are sitting at one head of the table and King Broven and Queen Rein at the other head. Jack Blyke sits across from me and Agwin's Earl sits next to me. Jack Gou sits next to Blyke. (Jack and Ace are like prince and princess in this)

"It's a pleasure to be here Arlo." King Broven says. I can tell Arlo felt disrespected because King Broven didn't us this title. 

"So we hear you have a new Queen. Welcome to royalty Queen Rein! How is Agwin?" Blyke says to change the subject. "Thank you Jack Blyke. Agwin economy is thriving and the crime rate has gone down 2% this year." Queen Rein says. 

"That's most impressive! I wish your kingdom the best." I say. "Same to yours." Jack Gou says. 

"So the big wedding's in a few months. I'm assuming we're invited." the Earl says. I've met him before but I forgot his name. "Yes! King Arlo and Queen Seraphina have saved seats front row for you esteemed royals." I say. "You are our high priority guests!" Arlo says. Everyone turns to Seraphina, expecting he to say something. 

"We look forward to having you." Seraphina says after a moments hesitation. "How does it feel to get married to a prestigious royal?" Queen Rein says and sneaks a wink to Arlo. Arlo gives her a "it's never gonna happen" glare. 

"It's... interesting." Seraphina says with a very noticeable hesitation. Arlo looks like someone just punched him. "Wait what?" Blyke says. Real smooth buddy. 

"Seraphina, we will discuss this after dinner." Arlo says with a dejected voice. Seraphina looks like she's about to protest but I stop her. "I agree. It would be a more appropriate time to talk." 

King Broven looks pleasantly surprised, Queen Rein has an "ohh the drama" look on her face, Jack Gou looks shocked, and the Earl looks like he was hit with a dumbbell. I don't even want to know what my facial expression. 

"My, my. I've never seen this happen before." King Broven says with a sly smile. "I can assure you that this means nothing." I say while glaring at Queen Seraphina. "Does it really?" Seraphina asks. Me and Blyke's mouth drops in shock. 

"I'll be leaving now." Seraphina says getting out of her seat. She almost reaches the door when Arlo says "No."

He traps her in a barrier. "You will not be leaving until this banquet has concluded." Arlo says while giving a death glare. 

Before anyone could stop her, she punches through his barrier with ease. Arlo starts coughing out blood and his arm suddenly start bleeding. "How dare you!" Arlo shouts. 

Broven smiles and says "Wow. I've definitely never seen this before." Arlo glares at him but Broven doesn't seam fazed. "A Queen attacking her own King."

Seraphina threw her crown on to the table and kicked off her heels. "I'm no Queen. Not anymore." I feel like i'm about to faint. "I officially give my title to Ace Remi, and I shall take her position. Have a good evening." she says and stomped out of the dining room. 

Arlo stares at the floor intensely. He has a "i'm in the mood to kill someone" face on. "Elaine." he says glaring at me. "Did you know she was going to do this?"

"No sir! I had no idea!" I say nervously. Blyke turns toward the Agwin royals. "We apologize for the commotion. We will have to cut this dinner short." he says. 

Even Broven looks shocked. "Yes, that will be for the best. Thank you for having us." he says as he and other royals leave their seats. 

Me, Arlo, and Blyke meet in the hallway out side the dining room. "Why did she renounce her title!?" Arlo asked. Blyke turns to me and gives me a "help me out here" look. 

"I don't know. Nothing I say gets through to her." I say shyly. "Then what's the point of allowing you to live in the high castle?! You're supposed to keep her in check!" Arlo yells. 

"Well... she recently told me that she met someone at a low tier village. After that she started acting... rebellious." I say. Arlo turns to Blyke angrily. 

"Contact Duke Isen and get him over here, and if you can, Duchess Cecile." Arlo says. Blyke nods obediently. "NOW!" Arlo yells. 

Blyke quickly runs down the hallway to find a messenger. Then Arlo turns back to me. I resist the urge to shriek. "If Seraphina mentions anything about this mysterious low tier, tell me." he commands. 

"Oh, and I'll let you do the honors of informing the new Queen of her promotion."