Chapter One - An Unfamiliar Place

(Y/n) let out a small sigh as she looked out of the window from her bedroom. Here she was, in an unfamiliar place, all by herself while her parents were out doing parent stuff and unpacking the rest of their belongings.

She wanted to go home, back to where she's been living for most of her life. It didn't feel right here, in such a small town so far away from home, she hated it. She hated the mere thought of staying here forever, she despised even going outside for a single second.

Of course though, she would have to get used to it. She would have to get used to staying here, because her parents wouldn't even begin to think about moving back. It's not because they're bad people, they're actually great parents, it was just her acting like a stubborn child once again.

"Hey, (Y/n)," her dad said as he knocked on her door and came in with a full box. "Here's more of your stuff, where do you want me to set it?"

"Just on the floor, please." Her voice was quiet, holding back the urge to cry once again. "I'll get to it later."

"Hey, (Y/n), what's wrong?" Her dad walked over to her and placed his hand on her back as she let out a sigh. "It's this, dad," she said. "I don't like it here. I want to go home."

He pat her on the back, knowing that there wasn't much he could do to help. He let out a sigh as well and headed towards the door. "Hey, me and your mom are going to see about finding you a new therapist, okay?"

(Y/n) just slightly nodded and he left her room, closing the door behind him. She shook her head, knowing therapy was pointless. Her first therapist hardly helped, the only good he did was diagnosing her with depression a few years back. He didn't bother giving her medication, he just told her to do things like going outside or some weird stuff like that.

She had tried doing that, but it never worked. Each time she felt sad, she tried going outside, tried enjoying nature and people, but it never worked. Nothing she did had ever managed to fix it, and she's tried as much as she could.

Her second therapist was much better. She had given (Y/n) medication to help with what she was going through, and she was a great person to talk to. Unfortunately, she had to move somewhere else to live with her family a while back, and (Y/n) wasn't in the mood to get another therapist after she had left.

Who knew, maybe if they did somehow manage to find her a good therapist, it'd work out for her. She didn't quite understand how talking about stuff to a therapist helped, as it hardly ever helped her, but she just hoped that one day she'd get another therapist again just to have somebody to talk to.

"Hey, honey," her mom said as she opened the door. "Are you okay?"

(Y/n) looked up at her mom and just shook her head and sighed. "No, please leave me alone right now, I just want to be by myself."

"Alright, let me know if you want to talk later." She walked out of the room and slowly closed the door behind her, leaving (Y/n) by herself once again. She pulled her chair away from the window and slowly walked toward the box her dad had brought in.

She picked it up and sat it on her bed, grabbing her old pencil sharpener blade from the dresser and used it to cut the tape on the box before setting the blade back down. She carefully opened the box up and looked inside, seeing a bunch of smaller objects and toys that she had when she was a lot younger.

She started taking things out and setting them on her bed, one by one.

After the box was emptied, she looked at everything she had set out. "Haha, I remember when I used to play with you," she said softly as she picked up an old, small plastic doll that had one of its eyes worn off. "It's a shame that life had to get to you too, huh?"

She sighed and set the doll down, slowly picking everything up and setting it where it belongs. Afterwards, she lied down on her bed, and sighed.

She just wanted to go home.

(A/n) I apologize if this is a bit weird or rushed. It's been such a long time since I've written a full story, and I'm hoping I manage to get myself to finish this. I have some ideas in mind, I'm trying not to make this like one of those cliché x-readers you already see, like the ones where you're a gem or something weird like that

updates may be slow. This is one I'm working on for my own enjoyment, it may take a long time to finish but I want to have something to go to whenever I feel like doing something but I'm unsure of what to do

I'm hoping you guys will enjoy this. I'm trying my best to make something that won't be complete edgy trash throughout the whole thing. Thank you for reading this, I'll see you guys whenever I can

bye for now