Chapter Two - Donuts

"Hey, (Y/n)," (Y/n)'s mom said as she quietly knocked on the door. "Are you alright? You've been in here a while and I just came to check up on you."

"Yeah, I'm alright." She sat up on her bed and looked down at the floor. "I'm just stuck in a place that I don't want to be in right now and I'll probably be stuck here forever."

(Y/n)'s mom sighed and walked over to her, sitting next to her on the bed. "We really do hope you get comfortable here." She placed her hand on (Y/n)'s back. "There's a highschool nearby you'll be able to go to after the summer is over, maybe you'll like it there?"

"I highly doubt it, mom." (Y/n) glaced over to her mom, giving her a look of sadness. "Knowing how things are, I'm probably going to get bullied since I'll be a new kid."

"Oh, honey, no!" (Y/n)'s mom face changed to surprise and shock. "It's not always like that, you know! Besides, if anything does happen, you can just tell us, I promise you me and your dad will do something."

"What, you gonna murder them or something?" (Y/n) slightly chuckled, but her mom let out a sigh, clearly unamused

"I heard that there's a donut place in the town, if I gave you money could you go up and get all three of us something?"

(Y/n) quickly looked at her mom, surprised by the sudden question. "Why are you asking me to do it?" She raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms.

"We want you to get used to being here, and we believe going to a small store in the area may help with that." (Y/n)'s mom quickly gave her a twenty dollar bill. "Get yourself something else if you want to."

(Y/n) looked down at the money, then back up at her mom before repeating that process a couple times before blinking. "Um, okay.. I guess." Her voice got quiet as she fell onto the floor and put her shoes on.

She really didn't want to do this, but she knew the plot of this stupid thing wouldn't continue if she didn't go out anywhere, so she just quietly did what her mom wanted her to do.

After she got her shoes on, she placed the money inside her pocket and slowly walked towards the front door, hesitant to leave. She hated going out and into buildings by herself when she was completely unfamiliar with them.

Once she managed to open the door and leave, she looked around the area. She didn't get a good view of the area before, and she guess now was the time to get a look around.

She slowly started walking towards what seemed like the main part of town, trying her best to avoid people. She disliked the thought of someone seeing her and thinking she was someone who randomly walked into town without even knowing what she was doing.

Once she got there, she quickly searched for the donut place that her mom was talking about. Her eyes moved from one location to another, until she found a place with a huge donut at the top.

"That's probably the place my mom's talking about," (Y/n) said to herself. She didn't know if that's actually where her mom wanted her to go, but she didn't see any other donut places around.

She took a deep breath and carefully walked towards the area, and hesitantly opened the door before very slowly and uncomfortably walking inside. She felt tense, nervous as to what the people here would say, and if they would mock her for acting so awkward.

She walked up to the front counter and quietly stood there, waiting for someone to come. She started to feel even more uncomfortable, knowing she was waiting for a while and she was worried someone else might walk in while she was here.

Eventually, this girl with blonde hair and pale skin came out of the back. "I'm here!" She quickly ran up to the counter. "Sorry! I was doing something!"

The girl looked up at (Y/n) and her mouth seemed to have dropped open a tiny bit. "'Oh! Hello, I didn't think I've seen you here before!"

"Hi, um, I'm (Y/n)," (Y/n) said nervously, grabbing ahold of her arm. It was always something she did when she was uncomfortable or nervous, and she would also start to scratch her arms with her very short fingernails if it got worse. "I'm, um, I'm new here."

The girl smiled. "Welcome to Beach City, (Y/n)." The girl seemed happy and cheerful to know a new person was in town. "My name is Sadie, I work here at the Big Donut, is there anything you'd like?"

"Um.." (Y/n) looked at the menu and rubbed her arm, unsure of what her parents wanted. "What can I get for twenty? My mom sent me up here to get some stuff for me, her, and my dad."

"Did they tell you what they wanted?"

"Um, no." (Y/n) continued to look at the menu for a bit before Sadie spoke once again. "We actually have a bag of five donuts for five dollars if you'd like that." Sadie smiled and looked up at the menu. "You can choose what kinds you want as well."

(Y/n), not wanting to stay in there much longer, went ahead and bought that, buying five different kinds and leaving as soon as she paid.

She left and quickly went back to her house, trying to avoid being seem as she did when she went up there.

Once she was home, she quickly opened the door and ran inside, closing the door behind her and collapsing on the floor. Her parents looked at her as if they've never seen her before, and just continued to stare until (Y/n) walked up with the bag of donuts and the money.

She sat both down on the table and crossed her arms. "Have fun," she huffed. "I'm never doing that again."

(A/n) still getting used to writing stuff like this again, so apology if it's a bit weird